Synn's loadingscreen

Possible to make it randomise what song plays?

Suggestion - Make it so you can make the backround a Video.

It already randomizes which song it will play, after the song is finished, it will take the next song in the list. I purposefully did not make it completely random, otherwise you could have a chance of running the same song twice.
If you seem to have gotten the same songs multiple times in a row, consider adding more songs to the list.

As much as I like the idea, but this seems not something feasible. Mainly because not everyone is on a high bandwidth internet and it would take too much time to load the video (in a “non-ugly” quality). Currently the video/music player prefers playing at 144p, not something you want as a background unless you want to count the pixels.

UPDATE:

When I have time, I was thinking of re-doing the music controls, making it more customable and more sexy looking. Also adding a skip option for the songs maybe.

4 Likes

Please, please, please add a skip option for the music control,
Apart from that, it’s great

I was planning to add that, right now I don’t have the time to revamp the music controls. Next weekend probably.

1 Like

Is there a way to remove the logo? My background has rules of the server written on it and the logo is blocking it, i tried removing it from the html, but the code broke

wow, what a nice loading screen, really good joob @Syntasu !

Do you know how to make an customizable button with
hyperlinks in it?

I was trying to add buttons for my forum and discord links :confused:

Hmm yeah, I should make a configuration option to enable/disable the logo. You can try setting a transparent image for now (like this one: http://www.cityrider.com/fixed/43aspect.png)

Hmm, maybe a good addition would be to have social media buttons. My only concerns is that they are rather inconvient when you click them and they open the discord app or other websites (Twitter, YT etc.).

For now, I guess you can tinker around with it, this would be a good guide for that.

1 Like

Loading screen looks sweet. I have a problem tho that the progress bars are not filling up, they just stay grey until you are loaded in.

This happens when you reconnect, this is an issues i am aware of. And is most likely caused by the underlying system firing events too early for my resource to catch it. (aka a FiveM issue). Not 100% sure on this.

https://github.com/Syntasu/synn-loadscreen/issues/1

Is there a way to make so that the background doesn’t get so dark?

You can edit the css (see the box-shadow in the body tag in index.css), I could make it configurable, but a too light background makes the text very unclear/unreadable.

Update 1.3.0

Volume controls now use icons
Skip song option added
Enabled/disable logo option.

@Tican A skip control has been added
@Filipero You can now hide the logo by setting enableImage in the config.js

how do I remove the song title and controls?

Oh wow, that was quick! Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can make that optional as well, wait for the next update :slight_smile:

Also is it possible to use a local file for music instead of Youtube?

@sumierm No, this is done by design. You don’t want players downloading all the music from a resource. This take too much bandwidth from the server perspective.

I was wondering what is the best way to add a image to the background? Wanted to know if you had any snip of code I could look at for that.

Like you mean adding another image as a background?

If you just want to add images on top of the background (but under the logo/progressbars), I suggest using a image editor to do so. Doing so with CSS is a pain.

Correct I wanted to add like a background like you have in the examples just not have the black looking background.