Stream files above 16mb request

I would like to ask you guys when or whenever it will be possible to stream serverside files above 16mb size?
If not, then please explain why? (eventually how to make it work clientside)
… It could be really nice to know if it’s gonna be in one of the FXServer updates and the exact date of release.

I’m pretty sure that limit does not have anything to do with the fivem team, rockstar made memory handling very wonky. I’ve edited terrain textures to only be 5mb higher and have had zlib errors and invisible terrain. I don’t think there is anything they can easily do to fix the issue.

Definitely you are wrong. Half year ago I was modding gta without fivem and didn’t have problems like that. FiveM has all these restrictions cause I have to downgrade .ytd to make it less than 16mb. Every time. Sometimes it’s miracle no idea why but some for example cars add-on can be over 16mb. Someone explain this? I want to know this and many more things but no one in this forum is interested in something good. Only boring roleplay and stuff like that. That’s ridiculous

If you looked on the forums, you’d find various posts discussing this:

1 Like

Alright so all you want to tell me that there is NO need to make higher limit for files like 50-100mb instead of 16mb JUST because…Connection? Ha!

Me and my friend have almost 400 highest quality vehicles on our server and many more things ( probably u wouldn’t like to know size of resources folder ^^)
Do you know how much time it takes to downgrade some of them? Of course we can do .ytd but not .yft since you need to know how to use zmodeler and stuff like that.
Why would we even want to downgrade it?
Since they are so good looking and our pc/connection actually can handle it.
Give more options.
Not everyone on this planet like to play roleplays…
Talking about the internet. I don’t have the perfect one and if texture size is big it takes some time to load it. Sometimes it’s annoying but if i join few times on friend’s server it’s playable and much more fun than seeing low quality textures which can load in 1-2 seconds…