Stop People From Converting Cars

Please make people stop converting cars and posting them on FiveM Releases. Because all their doing is downloading the original, then drag and dropping the files and .meta files into the resource. And the only thing that their making is the “stream folder” and “__resource.lua” file and editing it. That’s all their doing. Theres YouTube for a reason, I seen so many videos on YouTube for how to add in an addon car into FiveM.

Discussed here already: [poll] ban vehicle releases from the forum

1 Like

whats wrong with that this is a community we all help and make stuff for each other, i have my set of skills i can make map addons and convert cars i can edit small lua code and do basic stuff but i struggle creating my own from scratch at this time, so maybe some of the small stuff i do including converting cars (none released) but if i did helps one of the guts making a large lua resource as they cant or dont have time, giving them time or the item they need to complete the mod they are making then it is worth it, also what they are doing is for free and for they benefit of the community as long as they credit the original developer who cares!

2 Likes

Not everyone does only that. I do them aswell and i usually change a lot of stuff. All handlings are custom and i make tuning work properly plus other tweaks. So not all of us are in the same boat :stuck_out_tongue:
Who wants access to my conversions, can pm me for information

1 Like

Same. Plus it gets extra tricky when you stream a model that only comes in replacement format from the author. Then you really have to customize all of the metas to get things to work. I don’t see a problem in people sharing. If you don’t want to share - don’t - but no need to stop others from doing so.

1 Like

Yeah I agree its about sharing stuff not banning people!

I think there should just be a subsection for vehicle conversions. With the added: you need permission from creator, one strike your barred from posting in the subsection and can only have read access. Keep the release section clean and have a section for people wanting new vehicles.

None of the videos work anyway, and sometimes it’s nice to not have to do the work ourselves and struggle with it if we’re not good with stuff like that, its not affecting you leave it alone.

The collectives already mentioned that this will not be banned from the FiveM forums.