Stolen server backup

Hi,
I had a developer on the server who downloaded our entire database and then damaged us. He uploaded our downloaded database to our server. Is it possible to solve this problem from FiveM?

Thanks

What do you mean by this? isn’t that like restoring a backup or was that a typo?

What exactly should FiveM solve in this situation?

Any restoration of the backup is damaged, but in this case FiveM must have some solution / authority to deal with it

FiveM has nothing to do with the database software you are using, i suggest you go trough all your tables and check the damage.

If it’s really corrupt you probably will have a hard time restoring it and a database reset would be better.

Also did this happen with your live server? maybe it’s a good idea to setup a development server/database/user account next time (or you know make sure you can trust your people)

FiveM can’t possibly involve themselves in files that someone states were taken from your server since they have no way to monitor or audit that type of thing. If they were just going to take people’s word for it, everyone would just accuse other servers of stealing their files to shut them down.

It’s entirely your burden and absolutely crucial that you trust the people you grant access to your files and database. There is nobody that can help you when you don’t properly protect them.

Yes I do, but it is not possible for someone to present a stealing server, under fiveM

njn understand it, thanks a lot

(having hard time reading your english)

Is he trying to publish his own server with your files?

Yes exactly,
I apologize for English but translate it over google

1 Like

I don’t think FiveM has anything about blacklisting servers with stolen resources, i suggest talking with the developer and otherwise try to edit your server base so you are still unique

Unfortunately, I do not know where to find the developers, there is no connection, or at least I did not find

I’m talking about contact the guy who walked away with your server base

Yeah, like that, you blocked me, so I’m fucked

This has happened on our server 3 times. NOTHING you can do just keep improving your server and move forward.

Or be carefull which people get access to your server :smiley:

And make a Backup each day… Like a good server owner

I wonder if it is possible to maybe have like a poll or rating system for people to rate developers on here so that we can have a better idea on those that are trust worthy perhaps? Maybe even a reviewing section too?

I guess that wouldn’t really work as most developers would stay with a server for long time, maybe even till he leaves the community

Also ratings can be used as hate acts on people and it would ruin people their reputation

Fair point, was just an idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have backups, we make a backup every day … but they don’t work

Something like that would do