Steam authentication not required (delete; working as intended)

Since the license:xxx identifier support was added in this commit,

#sv_authMaxVariance 1
#sv_authMinTrust 5

no longer prevents non-Steam authenticated accounts from joining servers in the recent fxserver builds. This results in some odd behavior since there is some finnickyness to Steam at times, so users who normally authenticate through steam sometimes show up with their license credentials, rather than being rejected at join.

It’s possible that this is working-as-intended, if the license:xxx identifier type is coming from SocialClub or something; apologies if this is the case, though it would be nice to know if there are other configuration settings that can accomplish steam-only auth, or a workaround.

1 Like

Hi, how did you fix that ?
I have the same problem :confused:

Use a script that checks the first set in the identifiers table and if the first 5 characters equal steam

I already do that but i think there are an included function in FxServer :slight_smile:

Don’t believe so; MrDaGree’s solution is the correct one as far as I am aware. license:xxx is indeed considered a valid third-party token.

FxServer … FxServer … I love it :expressionless:

This is a good thing, not a bad one. Gives us more flexibility.

I was told by an element that the license identifier should only be used for banning, not 100% sure why…

Its linked directly to your game, it cannot be changed without buying a new game.

How can we four ever steam auth on FX?? Anyone?

Tip of a script like that ?