[SOSARP] State of San Andreas - Public Roleplay Community

Quick Update:

Don’t miss out - make sure to join our Discord.

• SOSA: Rewritten is nearly ready for release, we are in the mix of updating all the scripts and compiling any errors that have been found. We are also testing the new features of OneSync. So stay tuned for updates!

• Civilian Support Team, we have opened up a new role/position within SOSA. The said members with this role will often host small events on the public servers to help new/experienced members to gain some promotions.
    – These positions include the following members.
    Michael P.
    Milo B.
    Nate A.
    Denver S.
    Eric G.
    John C
    Tom U.

• @Havoc Kindly made some new Server Status channels within the discord, here you can check if the server is up and or how many are on the server, the chat will refresh every 3 seconds and update with the server. wow

• SADOT is doing us proud… I think?

1 Like

Huge Update

• SOSA:Rewritten has now been released on Public one, and Public two, unfortunetly we had a few majour problems with one sync. We did mangage to get 64 players on the server within 15 minutes and then it crashed. Kinda Jinx’d it. Anyways we now have it on a normal 32 player slot server.
  • With SOSA:Rewritten lot’s have things has changed, I will drop a few screenshots below, however I would like to thank the following people for their continous hard work on Fixing and sorting rewritten out to a point where it can be stable on a normal 32 player slot server. @Havoc @zee @Nathan_C and @sadboilogan You guy’s worked incredibly hard and I thankyou for that.
  • I would also like to put here that we now have all ingame permissions running off discord perms, which means no more horrible whitelist codes that can be leaked. So that’s great!

All in all last few weeks have been difficult, trying to push rewritten out, it would mean alot if you guys came over and had a play to see how much you guys enjoy it <3

PNG
Vehicle HUD

Capture2
Plane HUD

Captur3e
New Chat + Discord Perms

2 Likes

Huge Update

• We’ve recently implemented a brand spanking new GPS script, allowing our players to navigate to any postal code, just by using the command /gps. This’ll allow users to place a way point to any postal code, without having to open the map. Special thanks to Jinx for the script!

• At SOSA, administration is always open to hearing your ideas, and even implementing them. As a result of this philosophy, we’ve decided to make our Wiki Open Source. As long as you have an account on our Git server, you can make changes to the Wiki! Do you see a silly spelling mistake? Do you want to create a new page dedicated to something? Now, you can. The most basic way of doing this would be to create an account on: https://git.sosarp.net/ and navigating to the Wiki. (https://git.sosarp.net/Websites/wiki.sosarp.net). Then you can either create a new file (new file button) or, edit an existing file (click the file name then, the pencil).
    Do note that all edits will be read, and must be approved to be placed on the Wiki.

• We’ve recently hit 2,700 members! We’d love to gain your support in getting us to 3,000 members! :heart:

3 Likes

Giving this a bump. We will be testing 128 slots tomorrow!

3 Likes

We now have EUP & TS RTO wew :tada:

1 Like

Huge Update

• We’ve recently implemented brand new textures, for our postal map! You can now have postals on your minimap, without having to constantly tab into the menu to see where you are! Special thanks to Jacob for doing this for us.

• Civilian II’s can now fly planes! Administration made the decision to remove the Aviation Department all together, and open up planes to a broader group, making it much more enjoyable!

• We’ve recently hit 2,800 members! We’d love to gain your support in getting us to 3,000 members!
    :heart:

1 Like

UNITED STATES NAVY

After months of work in getting this department ready, we are finally done. Please visit the the following link to watch the release trailer:

You are able to submit your application through https://applications.sosarp.net/ under ‘United States Navy’. Visit the video description to find the Navy Discord. Please note that you are not able to type, only view unless you have the Verified tag. More information on the discord.

To view important information about the department, click the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14MgbehcPZtpQwKgE8XbdbADzP0fvEKgyReEPjG0LqAo/edit?usp=sharing

Huge thank you to @StiXx for bringing this all together.

5 Likes

Wow that looks amazing!

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

gangsta whippin there for sure

damn thats definitely something

Amazing video, I am so impressed and I’m looking forward to join the community, looks amazing!

Awesome video! Can’t wait to see them in action!

Thanks for the support everyone <3

I found out on my own skin that people who have higher civ rank than you are always right when they report you for nothing. A lot of favorism about on this server if you plan playing here at least start recording when you get in so they can’t twist it n say “oh those bullet holes were there before it wasn’t this suposedly civ2” .

1 Like

SOSA Experience

I have had a amazing experience with SOSA so far, the Directors, David, Era, and Havoc are amazing people that actively interact with the community and really care about the community, not to mention they are all really funny people. I have so far had an amazing experience with the roleplay aspect of the server, a public server, 64 slots, with Scripthook enabled, I thought it would be utter chaos, however the moderation team is very good with catching modders/cheaters, and has a pretty neat system for seeing exactly what menus said cheater is using. I have fufilled various jobs such as a janitor, store clerk, and vehicle mechanic. There is a group I consider regulars - that is almost always on the server - and they always make great roleplay and include people new to the server. I am also part of the Communications Department, training is very in depth, and has a strict procedure, with highly trained DTO’s. Mateo, Iziah, and Era are the main people that have helped out with the department in my time being there and are all immensely nice people! Highly recommend joining a department when you join SOSA. I am also a trial resource developer @ SOSA, I have started / finished a couple of projects that are in / maybe in SOSA very soon!

• Single Player Delivery Jobs such as Pizza Delivery
  • Interior Teleportation Pads with Passcodes
  • Native GTA V TV’s, with ability to change volume and channel

I really recommend you join! It is a super chill server, and tons of nice people, to many to mention them all in this post.

1 Like

Uh, hey… that’s not behavior we encourage from our higher civilian ranks, would you be willing to create a support ticket in our Discord so we can further talk about it? If not, that’s totally cool too.

Sorry for the late response.

Some updates from me :smile:

SOSA is really neat, I’ve been working on some stuff for it!

• GTA like Vending Machines
  • GTA like 24/7 robberies

Also, it has 128 slots now, which is really fun.

1 Like

I joined this community almost a year ago… and have not joined another since. SOSA is something else, not the type that you are hoping to have a bit of fun by killing people and doing bank robberies, but for making friends, planning great roleplays that everyone enjoys and bonds over and most of all, the kind, warmhearted staff that great you when you join and help you with any problem or question you have. I could not be happier with what I’ve experienced on SOSA: The start where I was new to roleplay and very bad at it and now where I’ve grown not just because of self-preservation, but everyone helping me along the way, and for that, I am grateful.
Thank you SOSA for allowing me to experience this,

• Zack Bohm
1 Like

SOSA is now under new ownership: me! @DavidR has stepped down in order to focus on university, and I am grateful for this exciting opportunity to bring SOSA to the next level.

I’ve updated our posting. There’s a special update coming Soon™ that I can’t wait to show everyone. Stay tuned here or join us to see!