[Solved] Not letting me download stream data

Everything was working fine on my server.
We were able to play with custom car, custom map part yesterday without any problem.
We did not make any change in the server and tonight we are not able to log into the server.
There is no error showing up on the server side but there is on the client side.

35297] ResourceCacheDevice::EnsureFetched downloading minimap.ytd (hash e1ff22c69a9762ded07d5541ec4c9a41822a5bed) from https://45.44.251.190:30120/files/colorhud/minimap.ytd

The server does not let us download any stream data anymore…

Firewall is turned off etc
If i comment out with # in the start.cfg any files that has stream data we are able to login on the server without any problem…

CitizenFX.log (66.0 KB)

The server just say : Timed out after 10 seconds.

[     35813] ResourceCacheDevice reporting failure: transfer closed with 375164 bytes remaining to read - CURL error code 18 (Transferred a partial file)

Interesting. We’ve seen reports of this before, but never any confirmation of why this happens.

What OS/provider are you running the server on, and what server version are you using?

1 Like

We are on window 10, running the lastest build of FXServer

And what VPS/dedicated server/home internet provider?

We are hosting it on a second computer in my friend home.
8Core 4.7Ghz, 16GB Ram
Internet is 70Down, 10 Up
provider is vMedia

We just tryed to host the server on his main computer and everything work fines, we did the same thing, allow port 30110, 30120, allow everything in firewall and we are able to connect to the server and load the custom map etc

but not on the second computer while everything is the same… we don’t understand

Ok we just tryed something and it is strange…
We hosted the server on his main computer, we did the exact same thing, allow port 30110 and 30120.
Allowed connect for everything, domain, private, public

we are able to connect to the server and spawn custom vehicule without any problem…
but if we open it on the second computer, it doesn’t work at all

Its possible that the network setup wouldn’t allow it and note when hosting on a home network no matter your connection speed but the router allocates bandwidth

There is infinite bandwith and we found the problem…

The server while in C: was not giving permission to download files… so we tested putting the server on the desktop and it work perfectly…

the only problem left is that it does not appear in the server list or I can’t see it in direct connect anymore but my friend see it …

https://servers.fivem.net/#/servers/detail/45.44.251.190:30120

its possible that your bandwidth is being used i pinged from 26 servers around the world to your ip

— 45.44.251.190 ping statistics —

packets transmitted 9
received 0
packet loss 100 %
time 8256 ms

any way you can pull up a network graph ?

and how do I do that ?

Everything was working fine this morning…

Did you do any network modifications?

Ok everything is fixed now.

For the files permission problem, removing the server files from the C:\ Drive and putting it on the desktop worked fine, it no longer need permission to download files.

For the server browser problem, removing the port from 0.0.0.130 (30120, 30110) but keeping it on 0.0.0.100 worked fine and server appear in the list and everyone is able to connect now.

2 Likes

Watching this. I had the same problem and downgraded server files.
What was weird in my case it worked for SOME players, some others it didn’t.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.