Social Club Error 17

Hello,

while connecting to a server, i always get the Social Club Error 17. Anyone has a clue where this came from?
Thought Social Club isnt needed anymore, so why is it loading while connecting to a server?

1 Like

Is this suppost to happen while connecting to a server? starting social club?

No, that is not supposed to happen.

@Gruber just start up your regular gta and close it, see if that helps, could just be that you need to initialize socialclub properly one time

so we start FiveM via FiveReborn exe or GTA V launcher.exe… I have steam version, so I use the launcher…I just tried it using FiveReborn exe and I got the same error about social club not initializing code 17 and it opens rockstar website about how to fix it.

@JLee
GTA and Social Club has to be outdated to work with fivereborn. Starting GTA would just patch GTA and Social Club, leaving me to downgrade again. But yes, i have done this and the error is still there.

When i view fivereborn videos, i dont see a starting social club. I am not sure why it is going to happen with my version. Fivereborn is still relying on social club to work probably (without social club installed, fivereborn dont start), would be interesting if we have to use the lastest social club or the outdated version from the game folder?

@Gruber you dont actually have to downgrade it. Multiple people are playing with their current GTA V version.

FveM will load, I can see the servers, I pick one.
Imgur
I get this, no matter what server I pick…
Imgur

I use the fivem exe… should I open GTA V then fivem?

@Boss With the retail (not steam) version that is not true. You cant run Fivereborn with the latest gta5.

It is nearly impossible to run software without errors with an exe compiled on another version. As i know better, i tested it with the latest version anyway.

As long as no dev giving informations about all needed versions of all files (exe, *rpf files, social club) and the usage of social club with fivereborn. This is not going to help me…

I got the non-steam version as well and getting the same error message. I pick a server but it tries to initialize with SocialClub and then throws that error.
Any solutions?

had a friend of mine try it, apparently he used the old fivem version (not saying this is it, I dont know) but try running the fivem exe as administrator and see if that fixes the social club issue

@Quakex64

Fivem.exe or fivereborn.exe? For fivereborn, administrator isn´t going to work. Still the same error…

Finaly i got the latest retail running with fivereborn, too. The Social Club Error Code 17 on server connect is still there.
Do i have to change/check something in Social Club to make it work with FiveReborn?

Someone got a solution for this?

I’m using an older social club version 1.1.5.6 and a very old version of gtav version 1.0.331.1 and everything works for me.

You could try reinstalling social club to that version and then after try deleting fivereborn and re-download/re-install fivereborn.

See if that might help. If not, post back.

I tested with the latest social club and the one in the fivereborn folder. Dont know if the fivereborn version is the 1.1.5.6 (will check that later). With all Versions i get the same error. Tested diverent gta versions, reinstalled fivereborn/social club.
I think it is more a problem with social club, but i get this error only with fivereborn, gta5 itself works fine.
Connecting to a server, social club is initializing, ending with the error. Dont know if social club should initialize at this point and if not, how to prevent this.

Fivereborn is using the Social Club Version in its game golder Fivereborn\cache\game\ros. When this Version is changed manually Fivereborn will download it again.
Seems like the installed Social Club version is not in use.

just now tried it… same thing even after it updates… Social club still wants to work with it

@Gruber said in Social Club Error 17:

@Boss With the retail (not steam) version that is not true. You cant run Fivereborn with the latest gta5.

It is nearly impossible to run software without errors with an exe compiled on another version. As i know better, i tested it with the latest version anyway.

As long as no dev giving informations about all needed versions of all files (exe, *rpf files, social club) and the usage of social club with fivereborn. This is not going to help me…

Thanks for telling me how it works. That absolutely clears things up. (NOT).

Try adding FiveReborn.exe to steam and see if it runs through there. - Again, no need to downgrade.

@Boss Try adding FiveReborn.exe to steam and see if it runs through there. - Again, no need to downgrade.

Same error, Fivereborn is going to use Social Club from the Fivereborn folder anyway.