So about this whole GSP thing

Before FiveM entered the contract with ZAP, no GSP was allowed to offer FiveM servers, so this argument is invalid.

Then how are you aware of them?

What would be pre-configured then? The server.bat files are given with the server download, they aren’t exclusive to the GSP so I don’t know what you are implying is pre-configured?

I’ve had multiple friends say they refused to run a server now that there’s a monopoly…

Already did, no response.

Ok well if no gsp were allowed then, then why are they only allowing zap and monopolizing it now?

How would you suggest doing that? I can’t transfer DB info from one SQL with one host to another on a different IP, mainly because I’ve tried before and spent hours seeing if a full transfer was possible… It wasn’t.

The issue is them having the server pre-configured "FiveM’ i dont see what there isnt to understand… when you get a pre-configured server FiveM is already installed and ready to go… meaning all you got to do is add your resources, add a server name and etc etc… were as a VPS with root access you got to actually do it all yourself… download all the files put them on the server.

Pre-Configured is were the issue is with FiveM and the ToS.

And you can, you do an SQL dump and just use that like i always have and restore it. the structure dont change.

The IP effects nothing when it comes to MySQL and databases, if it wasn’t dumped correctly that can cause problems.

@Jack_Tripper read the above, please :slight_smile:

Anyone can report unauthorized GSP’s to the Collective, which is how I know. But what action get’s taken thereafter is between the GSP and the Collective.

The server itself is pre-configured. If you were to make a server yourself, you would have to download needed files from the artifacts server, then you’d need to download the latest resources to make the server work… GSP’s take these and install them all together, which in turn, can be a bad thing because most GSP’s won’t make sure they are using the absolute latest files, causing people to have more issues.

So just because they were the first they are the only ones that are allowed? Cause i have a hard time believing that other server providers haven’t reached out to them because if they had server before hand then now they are losing money because they cant be used

That logic is flawed, it’s literally running a file to install the server files, it’s pretty simple. I’ve done it before but with work I figured a pre-configured server would be easiest and from there just install resources and edit them to my needs along with car, uniform and weapon mods. Yeah I see where the pre-configuration is but I think it’s senseless to block that, especially knowing they monopolized a company already.

@Jack_Tripper; They are the first GSP to reach out to the CitizenFX Collective through the appropriate channels (i.e. email). All the other GSP’s went around or violated the TOS in some manner.

Then where is the report proof? I can’t just access that information so how would you be able to? Even if you reported them, you’d still have to have proof.

Tutorial? I’ve tried and couldn’t ever get it to work.

@masonjason310 You can prove they are selling FiveM servers just by going to their website(s) and taking screenshots? Is that not proof enough? And no one has access to see these reports except for the Collective…

The same questions are being looped even though it has been answered.
The post is veering completely offtopic, hence will be locked.

If you have any issues, contact pr@fivem.net

2 Likes