So about this whole GSP thing

“Don’t try to make money off FiveM. Not even your game services. Covering costs incurred from
third parties (server rent, product licensing, …) is fine” Why if this is IN the TOS for FiveM is my server provider not allowed to create a key for a server? Setting up a server is easy, run the program and edit the configuration to set the server up, but what if you can’t create an SQL? I don’t have the time to learn about creating one from scratch and learning every command to create tables from scratch. I rent my server from a GSP JUST so I can have a pre-configured SQL for the server and pay them rent for a spot on their server boxes’. Plus I get a million times more help when coming across an issue with their tech support compared to having moderators here call me stupid because the solution is “easy to learn”. Where’s the kindness in that??? Please reconsider your monopolizing of all server providers, people work long hours and don’t have the time to invest days of research to perfect something that is easily purchasable and might I add, the SQL database along with the server spot has no relation to FiveM other than when I add and configure mods myself to link mods to the database itself, I’m not paying for the server creation tools, I’m paying for a slot.

TOS is TOS at the end of the day. They have it as it is for a REASON.

But what’s the reason? What benefits could you gain from allowing ONE company to rent servers out? Especially since the creators have heavily pushed for sharing knowledge and creativity since day one? I just can’t see a single way that the community comes out of this any stronger than before.

Have you tried zap hosting?

What does it matter if I have or haven’t??? Not trying to sound rude but that kinda contradicts my point. Plus I haven’t heard a whole lot of positive feedback from their customers anyway.

Then you probably shouldn’t be hosting a server… Not trying to be rude, but servers tend to take a decent amount of knowledge in order to keep it up and running… Unless you intent to use copy-paste scripts (not ideal).

@zaphosting has one click install for MySQL Async…

THEIR staff is paid to help you… FiveM moderators/dev’s are doing this with no pay… at all…

Becuase ZAP Hosting is the only authorized GSP… Therefore, the you shouldn’t be messing with other GSP’s that offer FiveM, because the servers offered by those GSP’s can get blacklisted at any time… Meaning you’re out of money and a server.

In all, if you don’t have time to work/learn how to make a server and all the things it needs/all the things you want, for it to run, then you shouldn’t be making one… Again, not trying to be rude… You have MANY options when it comes to hosting a server… Get a VPS, rent a server from ZAP (which does have a few resources with 1-click install), get a dedicated server, host it at home on your computer (a free option, might I add).

1 Like

Zap-Hosting were the first ones to actually read the ToS and reach out in a professional manner to the CitizenFX Collective. As far as I can recall, nearly all other GSP have either been evading ToS, working around it via some form of a loophole, and have never contacted the collectives.

The terms of service are there to protect the collectives too, especially after major issues with rockstar. You just cannot profit from FiveM services, nor any external R* related services.

You still have Zap-Hosting. That’s just the way it is. If you do not want to spend the time configuring your server, then that is your fault. A one-click solution is there: Zap-Hosting

The issue is not the MySQL database, nor any external softwares. It’s the FiveM pre-configured pre-templated software that is the issue, and that certainly has a direct correlation with the company profiting.

??? Never seen that happen. I sure hope I never did that :confused:

Not really? You still get a blank server, and you still need to do the resource installations. With due respect, garbage in - garbage out. If you are unable to dedicate time into hosting a server, then simply don’t?

Don’t? If Zap-Hosting doesn’t fit your taste, then use a self-hosted solution such as a VPS or even locally on your computer. Nothing is stopping you from doing that - as long as no profit is gained. In addition, I’m certain a wider range of GSP will be included in the future, that is if they have the initial common sense of not working around the ToS and actually contacting the Collectives.

2 Likes

What they’re doing directly contradicts what they said in their own TOS and they’re making a monopoly of the zap servers which is bullshit. They’re trying to grow the player base but yet they’re only allowing one server host to host servers. That seems like a shitty way to try and attract people and promote fivem. And the moderator and people that are suppose to help you don’t help at all and call you fucking retarded when you ask a question and don’t give a straight answer.

Can you tell us which moderator in paticular did this? And are you able to provide any proof of this?! You know if you have an issue, you can always go to the collective… Just email pr@fivem.net to get in touch with them

To quickly slot in here linking with my previous response,

It’s not our job to help you. This is solely a community-driven project. No one is entitled for any sort of help.

1 Like

If you’re not here to help then why the fuck even have moderators?

We are here to make sure the forum is kept clean. Do you see us labelled as technical support? We respond to flags and we keep the forum ticking.

Anyways, that is going offtopic with the original posters intention, so if you have an issue, I suggest you write to pr@fivem.net and I’m sure they will satisfy any questions you have.

1 Like

To make sure the forums don’t become one giant mess from trolls and angry 12-year-olds… While the moderators aren’t required to help anyone… They are always the ones that are most willing to help

What ways did they avoid the ToS? That’s a pretty broad accusation without evidence.

What is pre-configured? The IP? That HAS to be pre-configured as it’s being run on THEIR box. I don’t use their service for any mod installation but if I get stuck I ask to see if they might have an easy workaround.

That was referring to the SQL creation? I bought my server on September 8th before ZAP was the monopolized service so you just expect me to restart ALL of my work that I’ve done for 4 months? Seems pretty crazy to me that I can’t be grandfathered in considering, once again, the devs SPECIFICALLY STATE that they want the community to grow and share with each other, pretty hard to do when I’m black listed for not wanting to create an SQL from scratch. :thinking:

Wasnt there enough discussion about this? is there really a need for people to keep making topics that only seem to cause chaos on the forums.

its simple and explained here Changes regarding FiveM servers

If you dont like it no one is forcing you to use the free service, if you cant take the time to make your own server and “learn” and not just leech off everyone else… then why bother?.

Come on now, you can still buy hosting such as VPS’s with root access and get MySQL even preconfigured as that isnt a problem and nothing to do with FiveM there litteraly no reason to get all butt hurt like people are… like really? oh noooo i got to actually make my server…nnooeesss i mean no offence but half the people complaining are the ones not willing to learn or are simply to lazy to try.

The original comment was a misunderstanding, he thought this was a client side mod rather than server and this is how he (BlueTheFurry - External Moderator) responded. No action was taken against him yet I see people get in trouble all the time for just talking shit unrelated to the topic they’re in.

There was actually plenty of evidence, but this is between the Collective and the GSP’s.

The FiveM servers you get from the GSP is pre-configured… Not the IP?

The GSP that you had at that time was still violating the TOS… Before then, NO GSP was allowed to offer FiveM servers.

And it has?! This hasn’t stunted the growth of the community…

Or they are people that got a server before fivem made zap the only server provider so switching now would be wasting months of work thats already been done. It’s not quite being lazy or not willing to learn. some people do actually have a life outside of games as well

@masonjason310, feel free to email the CitizenFX Collective if you feel there was an issue.

I would hope people have lives, if they were able to do it once while having lives they can do it again, its called doing backups… i made backups of my server to my computer from my host so if something went wrong i could just move on and put it back… even if it wasnt with the same host i mean… planning ahead does wonders.