Snowy Particles from vehicles

Hello! Does anyone know of a script/native that enables the snow particles from vehicle tyres and the snow track from tyres

Like this:

1 Like

SetForceVehicleTrails(true) I believe

where do you add that?

SetForceVehicleTrails(true) sets the tracks you see above, not sure if it adds particles (haven’t tested it).
To enable ped footsteps you have to use a different native: SetForcePedFootstepsTracks(true)

You can simply use this code below in any client script to force xmas weather and enable both trails/tracks:

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    while true do
        Citizen.Wait(0) -- Wait 0 seconds to prevent crashing.
        SetForceVehicleTrails(true) -- Enable vehicle tire trails/tracks
        SetForcePedFootstepsTracks(true) -- Enable ped/npc/animal footprints
        ClearOverrideWeather() -- Clear weather (in case a trainer or something like that forces it)
        ClearWeatherTypePersist() -- Clear weather (in case a trainer or something like that forces it)
        SetWeatherTypeNowPersist('XMAS') -- Set the weather to be 'XMAS'
    end
end)

Thanks! Yeah no, SetForceVehicleTrails(true) does not add those particles sadly but i can live with that.

not 100% but i think if you request the ptfx “core_snow” youl get the particles havent tried it but pretty sure itl work

I actually added this feature to my snowballs release, take a look through the code. I believe I commented the code so should be easy to identify where the right part is.

1 Like

oh nice ill take a look

Could you possibly change trails/tracks duration & amount with a start like this?

Not sure what you’re asking there.

Like uh…
ped foot print lifetime/duration
vehicle track lifetime
and Particle durations

No that’s just how GTA chooses to manage that. Afaik you can’t make them persist forever.

in my server snow comes from the vehicles when there is no snow