[Sloved] I have port forwarded my server but it doesn't show!

GTA V version? Last
Up to date?
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? SocialClub
Windows version? 8.1
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications
What did you do to get this issue? i don’t know.
What server did you get this issue on?
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? yes

I have port forwarded my server but for some reason it doesn’t show up in the public servers list.

1 Like

Are you able to join the server via Direct Connect?
If not then something with the port forwarding or a firewall is causing it.

Yeah I can join with Direct Connect but I am creating a community so I want to get that working before I invite people.

1 Like

Alright, I know this might sound silly but when I had this issue (once) it simply helped to reboot the computer that the server was hosted on. If possible, try that and see if that changes anything. Also it takes a few minutes sometimes for the server to be listed. When I was doing maintenance on my server, I had to take it offline for about an hour. When I started it back up it took about 5 minutes before it was listed again.

Alright thank you. I will try that after I finish something

1 Like

Alright let me know how that goes. I’ll probably be back tomorrow, good luck in the mean time.

okay I restarted it and it now shows up but now it says Failed handshake or something like that. @Vespura

1 Like

Alright, can you show me the error message that it gives. And if possible can you also send the console log from the moment you start the server, to the moment you try to join?
Edit: By the way, can you join other servers? Or is it just your own server that fails to work?

it is only my own server

1 Like

Alright if you could provide a screenshot of the error message and a log of your server that’d be great.

I will do it when I get home

1 Like

@Vespura Failed handeshake to server 108.172.143.144:30120 - Failed to connect to 108.172.143.144 port 30120: Timed out - CURL Error code 7 (Couldn’t connect to server)

that is the error

1 Like

I’ve just tried to join and it works fine for me. Can you show me the server.cfg file?

Here, There is a bunch of mods in there https://gyazo.com/5ba0003215811a542606132242a085a7

1 Like

Do you have this server hosted on your own computer? Or on a separate machine?
What IP/domain do you use to try to join your server?

It is hosted on my computer

1 Like

try to join with each of these ip’s and see if any of them work: (using the direct connect option)

localhost

If you have a domain pointed to the server try that one as well.

localhost works I know that for sure

1 Like

108.172.143.144 don;t work but localhost does.

1 Like

Alright well I don’t know what the problem is exactly in that case but at least you can join using localhost so that’s a good thing. I just tried and I could join with 108.172.143.144, and via the server list. So other people should also be able to join.
I really don’t know why it won’t let you join using the server list though. Also 127.0.0.1 should be exactly the same as localhost, so that confuses me even more…