Slluxx's Servermanager (FX only!) [DEBIAN/UBUNTU]

yeah at first i didnt chmod the entire directory but i faced a few problems here and there with the server not being able to write/delete files. may be just my end but it fixed my probem and thats why i just went with it.

i also thought about making usergroups but i wanted it to be as simple as possible for the user. a script that creates a group or account just confuses everyone. i mean people have trouble with just everything.

a script that makes stuff simpler but creates confusion on other things doesnt really help ^^

It doesn’t create a run.sh for me and just creates the error “Cannot exec ‘…/…/fxdata/run.sh’: No such file or directory”

Good morning,
I installed everything correctly but when I click on start the server, it doesn’t start, and nothing changes in the htop

@Slluxx Could you help me?

@BlackLife @MeLikeToast i havent done updates in months. i am also not really active in fivem anymore as i have way more important stuff to do. dont expect help or a fix soon

init.sh does not check for the existence of screen on your install. If you sudo apt install screen, it should work afterward.

For people that have downloaded init.sh but haven’t run it yet, you can resolve the issue by modifying line 8 to install it:

apt-get install whiptail screen -y

Everytime I try to start the server it says “Server successfully started” then I go to show console and it says “Server is not running.” Any ideas?

@PonchTV

The FX file downloader is broken because fivem added a folder called revoked. The downloader now doesnt recognize the FX files.
You can download the files manually from the artifacts Server and unpack into the fxdata folder in your Server.

eg:
cd /home/into/your/installation/fxdata

wget https://runtime.fivem.net/artifacts/fivem/build_proot_linux/master/679-996150c95a1d251a5c0c7841ab2f0276878334f7/fx.tar.xz

tar xvf fx.tar.xz

cool, and i’ll be able to still run/stop/manage the server from your GUI?

Once the server is up and running, the start/stop features should work.

good stuff, trying this now. really helps for someone like myself that’s never tackled a linux vps before, lmao.

There’s a learning curve but once you’ve used the shell a little bit, it won’t be so daunting and GUI frontends won’t feel so necessary to you.

1 Like

Alright so I did what Slluxx said, went to the /home/fx/fxdata folder

Downloaded/unpacked the fx.tar.xz

Went into the GUI and added a new server

Still having the same issue. Am I missing a step?

Did you see my post in the topic directed to someone else having a similar issue?

It was caused by the OS not having screen installed. If your issue is caused by the same problem, you can open a terminal and install it with “sudo apt-get install screen -y” or if you’re shelling in as root, just remove the sudo “apt-get install screen -y”.

yeah I think I’m logging in as root… whenever I open putty it says logon as and I always put Root. This might a bit over my head at this point… lol

it shouldnt matter if you use sudo while beeing root or not. most of the people here do it that way.
like schwim said, just execute the commands

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install screen -y
sudo apt-get install whiptail -y

what you also can do (or have probably have to with fx data installing afterwards - i forgot to tell you) is chmodding the directory and make the files executable.

that means:

sudo chmod -R 777 /path/to/your/installation/

chmod 777 is the maximum you can give and most of the time only +x (write rights are needed). my script sets it to 777 anyway so i suggest you do the same.

also, like schwim said. if you fiddle around with it (the teminal) you will get used to it and a gui becomes just annoying. besides from slowing your work process down it also lowers your performance. its not much but it does.

Yeah this is kind of over my head… I’ll just install manually.

This is kind of an off-topic question, and I don’t mean to take over your thread, but is it possible if I installed a RDP program on my Linux, if I could make like a file on the desktop to execute the server? Like similar to what a .bat file does in windows, but make a file execute the bash command to start fx server? As it is now on my other server I literally have to go to the “How to install fivem on linux thread” to get that command lmao.

You should be able to create a file to start your server. It really only consists of two lines.

#!/bin/bash

cd /path/to/server-data
../run.sh

Name that file something like “fivemstart.sh” then execute that file by visiting the location of that file and executing it.

The first line needs to put your current directory(cd) as the directory where server.cfg resides. The second command is telling the script to move up to the parent directory(the …) then executes run.sh

You can also run these two commands yourself at any time in the shell and it should get your server running.

Thank you very much sir. You both have been a great help.

Hi the download is not working. Can i get a download?