Slluxx's Servermanager (FX only!) [DEBIAN/UBUNTU]

Works fine, thank you.! Maybe a new feature like a reboot server when the server crash ? :stuck_out_tongue: It would be awesome !

its possible but atm the linux builds arent the best and there are different kind of crashes (either process just ends or it becomes a zombie process etc) and i rather wait till that is fixed before doing code while its not fixed

I have an issue, as I’ve started up my server, it appears it doesn’t wanna ping to the master server.

Which it doesn’t appear on the server list.

Having an issue where the server won’t start.

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

has nothing todo with the manager.
maybe an old fx version?

Fresh install.

Running it manually worked fine, not sure.

Hello. So this issue just popped up today and its that when I start the manager and go through and start it it says server started. However if I go to look at console it says server is not running. Basically the server doesn’t start. help!

You make some good managers. Don’t know how I didn’t see this until now. I have a systemd process running my server, but I may check this out. I like that you can update it through this manager. I’m lazy.

Hello, I appear to have the same issue as @pwakham , i start the server in the manager and then go back to either stop it, restart it or go into the console and they all give the same error that server is not running, no matter how many times i try to start it and view the console. I am on ubuntu 16.04 which it worked perfectly yesterday, but i tried to reinstall it cause i needed to edit the files and it would lock the files and wouldn’t allow to edit them so i deleted the manager file and tried to reinstall it and since then it has been like this, I have tried deleting the user with its home and reinstalled it, but that has also not worked. Please if you have any ideas or a way to solve this let me know. Thank you in advance

Also if this helps, the fxdata folder is empty and nothing will install into it

@reese_jednorozec , @pwakham
i think i know whats wrong. its due to a structure change in the filesystem of fivems artifacts server.

i will keep you updated

okay that was simpler than i thought.
its fixed.

everyone having that problem should reinstall the managaer via github. You can also mess with the code and download the files manually etc but who wants that?

Thank you very much for the quick response, but it still does not appear to work, when ever i start the server, it says it started successfully, but then after i try to see the console or stop it, the manager says error this server is not running. I have tried deleting all the manager files, then reinstalled ( i have updated and upgraded beforehand) then i update fxdata also, but it still does not work.

you completly deleted the whole folder my script has created?
downloaded it new from github (via the readme command) and it still doesnt start it?

most of the time the server isnt started because of servererrors on startup. for example if you have a wrong serverkey.

after servercreation check if the server/folder exists. if yes, go into the folder and run
../../fxdata/run.sh +exec config.cfg

that will start the server manually and show the console. check for errors.

Yes, I deleted the folders and tried reinstalling them. When i try to run the command /home/fxserver/fx/fxdata/run.sh +exec config.cfg nothing happens. It gives me a bash error of no such directory, which my fxdata folder is empty and nothing will install into it when i try to update the manager or the fxdata. I also tried running the command but into the servers directory kind of like this /home/fxserver/fx/servers/TEST_SERVER/run.sh +exec config.cfg which also gave me the same error, but there is no run.sh in any folder at all when i look through them.

thats the wrong command. you need to be IN the folder where your serverfiles would be and then run
../../fxdata/run.sh +exec config.cfg´

if you installed my tool in /home/fx/, then you need to go into /home/fx/servers/testserver/ and run the command above. or whatever folder my tool installs it in.

Yes, i have tried that, here you can see i have tried multiple way as you said. Also i have a screenshot of the fxdata that is empty, is it suppose to be like that?

no its not supposed to be empty.
maybe your server has problems connecting/downlaoding from the artifacts server? (https://runtime.fivem.net/artifacts/fivem/build_proot_linux/master/626-ec89c64f976352a3420e6aea585752c4e9aafdbe/)

try downloading the file and extract it in the fx data folder. then try to reinstall and start via the manager.

the only things i could imagine are problems with connecting, downloading or extracting the fxdata files.

Hey man, thank you so much, it worked, I downloaded what you sent and extracted it into the fxdata and launched the server and it work. Thank you again very much and again great job

Rereading the script, is making the install location world writable necessary?

chmod -R 777 $installlocation

Especially if you’re supposed to run the manager.sh script as root? Seems like adding an unnecessarily weak permission to place on the directory.

You could be real fancy and make a FiveM user group and add the current user to the FiveM group and give that specific group full access to the directories.

Just a suggestion. Still very nice looking script. Great job.