Server won't show up on server list, and when trying to direct connect it says server could no be found. It's a homehosted server I have

GTA V version? newest
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? steam
Windows version? windows 10
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? yes

I have also port forwarded and all that stuff and it’s still not working.

Any suggestions?

When you search in Direct Connect, are you using your local IP or your public IP?

To find your local IP, go to the command prompt, type ipconfig, and press enter. It will display IPv4 Address, which is your local IP.

I am giving them IPv4 address.

i have same problem, i have 2 pc’s , one for server, one for game, after all basic setups, i can find my server by direct conect with localhost and my ip but NOT found in server list ! why ?

at least u can find yours with IP mine wont show up at all Only I can connect to the server via localhost but other people cant join or see the server when given an IP address

use this to verify that the port is actually open.

if it isnt then port forwarding was not setup correctly.

http://canyouseeme.org/

Your title is too long in my opinion, please keep it to just “Server won’t show up on server list” and put the rest of the title into the main body.

Thank you

You would have to give them your public IP address for them to direct connect. Think of your public IP as your street address and your private IP as your apartment number. If you told a friend just your apartment number, they wouldn’t be able to find you. They’d need to street address.

Technically speaking, your Public IP is the address of the modem/router in your house. Then it masks the exact location of your computer using the local address.

Do you have Windows Firewall turned on?

I figured it out everyone thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.