Server time out after 15 sec NEED HELP

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? newest(just re-installed it)
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? legit
**Steam/CD/Social Club?**steam
Windows version? 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? I don’t have it in the files
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications
What did you do to get this issue? nothing
What server did you get this issue on? everyone of them I try
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? no

Also add what you already tried so far. Nothing, because I can’t find anything to fix it

You can try deleting your cache folder in your FiveM app data.

I personally however, think this is an internet related issue. You said you’ve tried different servers, and by that I would hope not run by the same person (as they would be the same host. Eg, server 1 times you out so you go to server 2)

As far as I can tell, timing out happens when you loose connection to the server for upwards of 10 seconds. Are you using ethernet or wireless? If you are using wireless, is there something that might be obstructing your signal? How often does this happen? Could it just be that there is a microwave inbetween you and your router.

@lambotreats

I am using wireless internet, and this happens in almost every server I try. On a few occasions though I am able to play without timing out. I bought a new modem because the old modem had bad internet, but this internet is way faster but the error still occurs.

its not only speed. Its constancy. How far are you from your router? Whats inbetween you and your router? are you using 2.5ghz or 5ghz?

the only thing between me and the router is the floor(I am above the router).

I deleted the cache file and the game seems to run better as in not timing me out, but now the games is just quitting and going to my desktop without even giving a crash report or anything, it just quits after being in the game for around a minute.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.