Server splitting issues

@lyrics Can you please try to run https://runtime.fivem.net/artifacts/fivem/build_server_windows/master/807-a33d6db066568046a9a99b14b0fccb03bb978e2f/server.zip and report back

~bnd

thank you, tried it with 4 people and could not reproduce it.
we will try it tomorrow with 10+, cause it looks like its happen more often with more people… (okey… maybe just a “chance”-thingy)

will post it then…

1 Like

okey we tested it now with the version you sent me on my local testserver (cleanfxserver) and on our liveserver.
sadly we had singlesessions again…

Then you have some form of network issue OR possibly a broken script. We have been running that build since 11th of october without a single crash or instancing on multiple servers, keeping 32 players on for 12 hours easy.

~bnd

1 Like

So an update from the OP. I tried multiple things so it’s hard to say what is working and not working, including reinstalling GTA and fiveM a second time as well as multiple system setting changes. Yesterday, I was able to join fine all day without issue, but today I have been split every time I try to join. To be 100% honest, from the information I’ve been given, I believe this issue is completely client side. I keep trying different things and like I said, some work and some don’t but the server hasn’t changed at all.

@bndzorro
yeah that would make sense but it was a fresh, clean fxserver on the testserver (okey on the liveserver not, but we tested it on both)… so if its a broken script it has to be one of them coming with fxserver (baseresources i listed above)
could you maybe send me your baseresources youre using? maybe they ARE the issue? i mean i tested the newest one and the ones i had before (they are pretty old) and it happens on both…but who knows…

regarding network: i ran a network test for over 3 days - no issue on the liveserver, 0.2 % paketloss after 3 days on my private computer i use for testing, so minimal issue on my side, nothing on the rootserver…(jitter was fine too and speed ofcourse)

what @Keil_M mentioned is interesting… ofcourse it also could be a clientside issue, but then i would ask why it happens so often on specific servers and not so often on different ones? its like there is NO pattern at all…
the one guy that it hitting splitsessions since a few days and not able to join normally has also been reinstalling gta and fivem… didnt solve it…

we just need to keep share informations… at some point we will find a pattern im sure

Running vanilla and resources from git is fine, all holds up perfectly.

What resources are you running and what is your load on your machine on 15 minute average. How does your network interface statistics look, any errors there? Please show outputs

1 Like

ROOTSERVER
(liveserver, not my testserver)
it has a heavily modified ESX version (better performance) with some esx jobs (also modified) and alot of custom/-selfmade resources. On my testserver i have a clean fxserver installation and as i said i have the issue on both servers… sadly
the packetloss happens only when i ping google.com… when i ping a player from my community i dont see packetloss on rootserver with pingplotter. see attached pictures, removed ip adresses from the players for privacy reason:

Could it have anything to do with the host changing throughout the sessions (Arbitrators) ?

e.g. if it changes to a host with a lot of packet loss / a bad internet connection / a weak computer.

Is it possible to run a command to see the current Arbitrator or do we just have to look through the logs to maybe find a pattern there?

I am one of the programmers of “lyrics” server and we have a lot of regular players (with really good computers and internet connection and of course some players have the other side of the medal).

I maybe had one or two split-sessions throughout months of development and tons of joining our liveserver or rejoining on testservers.
But recently my router broke and we had to get a new one. Ever since then I have a little bit of packet loss in spikes (I don’t really care about that as I am about to move to another country, but it might matter). And I join in splitsessions much more often (kinda a 30% chance on joining).
What exactly happens if I am in a normal session AND I am now the arbitrator with my packet loss. Could this result in other players getting moved into a splitsession?

Connection and system information:
download: 400MBit/s
upload: 25MBit/s

CPU i5-6600 4x3.3GHz
RAM 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz
GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Amp Extreme Edition
GTA V on SSD
FiveM on HDD
(no overclocking on any part)

3 Likes

maybe something like a headless client working as Arbitrator would be interesting, if it is possible top stop the “changing of the Arbitrators” if they could even be the issue?

2 Likes

new info:
i made tests with a clean fxserver without any custom scripts on a completely different server provider on linux and then after that on windows. in both cases we experienced the issue again.

it does look like that the Arbitrator is not the reason, as we had the issues on different arbitrator´s.

thats crazy… our server is almost empty because so many players are solo sessioned…
If I would know a way to detect that script… if thats script…

1 Like

on our server its not a script that causes it… as i said we tested also a clean fxserver… only with the standardresources… of course in youre case it could be a resource too.

Im investigating it with player being sessioned all the times and its interesting.
We will call that players “SOLO”

When i join first,
SOLO player will always fall to solo with this in console:
Bez%20n%C3%A1zvu
WHEN I RECONNECT AFTER THAT, IM GOING TO SESSION WITH SOLO PLAYER.

When SOLO player joins first after restart,
everyone else is connecting to them without any problems.

@DTPL
could not replicate that… we had different arbitrator´s, but it doesnt really look like that they are the reason… issue still happens without any pattern for us

Another very interesting thing, when we reach 27 players, we have raising hitch frame warnings up to times like 20 000ms… i guess problem is with arbitrator or count of players, when i kick few people asking to reconnect, then its back to normal.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.