Up to date?
Yes
Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club?
Steam
Windows version?
Windows 7 Professional N
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
Yes
Error screenshot (if any)
N/A
System specifications
Intel Core 2 Duo Quadcore @2.4Ghz
MSI GEforce GT 710
8gb DDR2
(A literal dinosaur)
What did you do to get this issue?
Tried to join server/
What server did you get this issue on?
DOJRP.com
CitizenFX.log file
CitizenFX.log (361.9 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs
n/a
If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Yes
Also add what you already tried so far.
Flush DNS, Clear Cache, Turn off AVG, Turn off Discord, Reboot, Reboot router, reinstall FiveM
Please also describe the issue you are having, providing as much information as possible will help us to help you. A good format you could use: what have you tried to do, what did you expect to happen and what actually happened.
Whenever attempting to join a DOJ server, I load in and become split. After flushing my DNS, I was able to join in succesfully twice, but since then I have been unable to join without being split. Iā€™ve tried all of the things I listed above many times. Just looking to see if anyone is able to provide any insight based on this information.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also ā€”whenever possibleā€” please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

The most known cause of server splitting is when someone on the server has a troll menu such as Matrix Menu

That is not the issue but thank you.

Yea am having the same issue I seem to be able to connect to lobbies with low amounts of people but if its near full I canā€™t join it.

The most known cause is the client having connectivity issues :thinking: Not really sure where you got that from.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the only cause of server splitting that Iā€™m aware of and also a few servers that I was on also said thatā€™s the cause

There are many causes. Hence why nobody can say for certain what the issue is, but the most common by far is connectivity, being out of sync with the server iirc. You then get kicked to your own ā€œsessionā€ where you cannot see or interact with other players, much like in GTA V multiplayer.

the members of my community have solosessions on different servers (not only my server) extremely often since weeksā€¦ we tried everythingā€¦ nothing helps and we cannot find any reason or pin it down to some specific thingsā€¦ its looks completely random. and the majority of these players are having excellent connections, including myself, no mods or somethingā€¦

in my opinion its fivemā€¦ we tested it on a 4 month old testserver (4 month old fxserver files) and we didnt get the issue but tried it one hour. im not sure which fxserver version this is sadly.
on our liveserver and every other testserver and every other server that is not from us, alot of our members having this issue. soā€¦ it really looks like a fivem issue hereā€¦ we also tried completely empty fxesrvers - still the same issueā€¦

i asked 3 times in the discord of fivem, got no real response sadlyā€¦
maybe they arent aware of that issue i dont know, but it makes fivem near to unplayable atmā€¦

Except ā€˜opinionā€™ is not relevant when it comes to diagnosing system issues. If it ā€˜were fivemā€™, wouldnā€™t nobody be able to play for any duration of time at all?

And, as you said:

ā€¦ what makes you think that without any information we can solve this kind of issue? Youā€™re the ones encountering it, we donā€™t have any way to repro it so of course canā€™t even investigate or fix it.

2 Likes

its not about whos fault it is that this issue happensā€¦ i dont care if its me, you, a guy called peter, fivem or even windowsā€¦ i just try to narrow it downā€¦ and until now the only constant thing is fivem, every other technical aspect has been changed like:

• server (root, vps, local)
  • fivem clients (alot of updates happend and alot of different user having the issue)
  • alot of different internet connections, routings and ipv4 & ipv6 connections (checked alot of them for pingspikes, packetloss, jitter and speed issues - nothing, they work fine)
  • disabled every script we have, tried a completely new clean fxserver with newest serverfiles (not only the newest, also some weeks old)
  • disabled any kind of firewalls both on client and server, antivirus, any other additional software i could think of
  • updated drivers of every client i tested (including the servers)
  • asked atleast 30+ people to try it on different servers (some of them having the issue often, some of them not so often, but on every server it happens from time to time)
  • tried it with different windows versions on server and client (no linux server were used, im not even sure if they are linux server?)
  • tried local wifi and cable connections
  • made network tests while the issue occured --> no issues could be found
  • done hundrets of serverrestarts to check if the issue happens after a while, but no, it CAN happen instantly on a new restarted server with fresh cache too
  • we also checked server and client log files hundrets of times, but still nothing that screams ā€œissueā€
  • we also had sometimes 2 big split sessions with a few players in itā€¦ strange.

i hope i didnt forget anything.
yesterday i switched back our main live server to a fxserver version that is 4 month old and it looks way better now. we have only 1 guy hitting singlesessionsā€¦ but for him its not possible to connect anymore without getting splitā€¦ im not sure why, i also checked everything on him and he did not always had the problem. but other then him, we got NO splitsession anymoreā€¦ maybe its luck, maybe random and we will encounter them in a few hours or days againā€¦ im not sure.

as i said above, im not here to judge or to make someone angryā€¦ sry if that happend, maybe its a language barrier (im from austria, not that good in english).
im just trying to narrow it down and i hoped that if i provide some information, others will follow and so we maybe can find some sort of pattern.

and because the change of the fx server files was the first thing that made a difference, i did come to the conclusion that it could have something todo with fivem/fxserver itself, that was not ment to be an insult.
maybe its even a mix of fx server version, client version, network providerā€¦ who knowsā€¦ but fx server files are part of it, considering my experience that i had after i changed the filesā€¦

best regards, jĆ¼rgen
ps: hope we as a community will be able to fix this issueā€¦

1 Like

okey, got some new informations. we have the split session issue again, to be clear we have 2 sessions on the server and in both are some players
Happens with the 4 month old fx serverfiles. so were back were we started - without any clue and no ideas left what we can do to narrow it downā€¦

1 Like

This is likely caused by a resource you have on your server then.

thats what we thought at the very beginning so we stopped one after oneā€¦ but we also had it on a empty fx server on 3 different hardware server types (root, and 2 locals) so its not very likely to be a issue with a resource from us but we will take another deeper look into thisā€¦ as we dont have any ideas im not sure what to do elseā€¦ ^^

edit:
is there some general knowledge about what functionality in a resource could cause these issues?

we made a new test with a local fxserver, completely clean only with:
start mapmanager
start chat
start spawnmanager
start sessionmanager
start fivem
start hardcap
start ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 
start scoreboard
start playernames

we were 10 players and we had solosessions a few times without having connection issues.

we dont use the following scripts on our liveserver:
start scoreboard
start playernames
start chat

so only
start mapmanager
start spawnmanager
start sessionmanager
start fivem
start hardcap
start ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 
are leftā€¦ so its related to one of them or fivem/fxserver itselfā€¦

i checked for network issues hundrets of time and we dont have any network issues (nice jitter values, no packetloss, nice ping, good enough speed) on alot of the clients that will get singlesessions including our hosts (and it happens on different hosts as i mentioned before)ā€¦

please fivem take this serious, as we narrowed it down to fxserver (newest version) and above scriptsā€¦ we are completely out of any possabilities now but losing players slowly because they just dont want to mess with it longerā€¦

im really hoping for you to jump into itā€¦ we know that alot of servers having this, so its nothing of a small thing. thanks!

2 Likes

Again, without ability to repro it or even a hint of a correlation, this canā€™t be fixed. Weā€™re not some magical fairies that can produce the occurrence of a fix falling from the sky from magical pixie dust.

1 Like

lyrics is right. I was there while testing. Fix it finally!!!

i didnt asked you to be a fairyā€¦ could we stay professional in some way?
i just want to be sure that this issue is accepted by the DEVĀ“s as an issue and that they are aware of it. at the moment there is no information about it, that you guys in some way take this issue for serious other then saying its a server/resource/connection issue and not in your responsibility or careā€¦

we just want to be sure that you are monitoring/watching this and not just pushing it awayā€¦ i dont know how i could say it in a better way but yeahā€¦ i hope you understand what i mean.

if you cant reproduce it, try it with more people, let them reconnect a few times and you will get the issueā€¦

1 Like

Evidently, as weā€™re replying to this topic, itā€™s obviously known to us that people are experiencing this kind of issue.

Still, thereā€™s no repro case nor any correlation found, so we canā€™t fix it at this time.

Nope, we tried (getting people to) repro(ing) this many times including during past scenarios where this was reported, so thereā€™s still definitely some kind of discrepancy between these tests.

That, and itā€™s nearly impossible for us to find ā€˜10+ peopleā€™ at all to test (let alone have monitoring running on all clients), but this is definitely not occurring for all filled servers, so thereā€™s still some sort of configuration-specific correlation for this issue.

thank you.

do you have some sort of ā€œlist of informationā€ to check for patterns? maybe we can gather some new informations and provide them?
things like ServerOS versions, fx versions, etc etc?

if you need 10+ people for testing, hit me and there will be 20ā€¦ no problem if its help to narrow it down, maybe i can setup a test with monitoring on the clients if you can tell me what information would be useful (networklogs?)