Server Mods... nothing is working

Where can i find a recent tutorial for server side mods?
Everything i tried is all outdated and thus not working.
i got one mod working that is the handling.
And client side VisualFiveM

I have a couple of mods that i have created myself, in ASI (C++) and ScripthookDotNet (C#) format.
Wich i like to add to the server.

I would like to see a selection menu on start u where the users can choose between 3 sides
Terrorist vs Special Ops and normal citizens.
and do some objectives on the server.
and weapons to start with. and ofcourse objectives like robing a store and stealing vehicles for money!

https://forum.cfx.re/c/server-development/server-tutorials

Edit: If you want to stream cars the resource folder should be the following;
Customcar-> resource__.lua ->stream->Sheriff.YTD,YFT etc.

If you want to stream scripts they should be the following;
Customscript->resource__.lua, client.lua, server.lua
Inside the resource should be the following

client_script 'client.lua'
server_script 'server.lua'

Other then that I am very lost on what your asking, if you can give me more detail I will try my best to help you.

1 Like

how do i script in lua?.. can i just copy and paste my C# or C++ code?

just did a search on pastebin looks like visual basic to me!

i am seeing some C++ too… is there any way to code in Visual studio with Natives support?

I do believe you can script in C++ and use natives but I myself am not a scripter, I am slowly learning by reading other peoples code. I would recommend PM-ing a script developer on the forums on go onto the discord and message in script help.
The invite code is below;

Yea i dont use mics, i have enough ears in the walls as it is… plus my Game PC mic is broke. havent gone out to get a new one.
i think i got now, just found some good places to start, thanks.

If u want to learn how to code, looking at source code is a good place to start.
Next i suggest u get some basic “hello worlds” and write down some basic commands.
follow up by some hello worlds that you will create and try some things you want to do.

Yea i dont use mics, i have enough ears in the walls as it is… plus my Game PC mic is broke. havent gone out to get a new one.

Its a text channel so you can just type.

i think i got now, just found some good places to start, thanks.

No problem, feel free to mark one of my comments as a solution that way the thread gets marked as solved.

If u want to learn how to code, looking at source code is a good place to start.
Next i suggest u get some basic “hello worlds” and write down some basic commands.
follow up by some hello worlds that you will create and try some things you want to do.

I will look into that, thank you! Feel free to ask any other questions here in a new topic. My PM’s are always open so feel free to PM me as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.