FiveM & RedM Server list / Server info [iOS App]

The Server should ensure the players are secure and the data is handled with respect, it’s the servers’ responsibility to enable endpoint protection

Sure thing.
But not hiding this information and exposing personal data to public (even if server admins didn’t bother to do so) you hurt players in first place, not admins.

apparently IPs are personal data now?

that’s the server owners problem, not FiveM, or any services using FiveM’s API

If you’re scared about getting your ip out to the public then don’t join servers that disable endpoint protection, simple as that.

2 Likes

If you are a public person - yes. It can lead to bad things.

are you the president of mexico or something.
if you’re worried about people having your IP, don’t play on servers w/out endpoint protection, simple as that.

1 Like

I dislike how people can see what type of resources the server has. I wish you could remove that :+1: Overall great app thank you.

But yet again, this application parses the existing freely available JSON data into a more structured and readable form, and if resource names are a concern for whatever reason (I don’t know why) , then a simple resource folder renaming would rectify that.

3 Likes

I don’t think other server owners would appreciate there resources being shown to everyone. That’s my personal opinion.

Resources are not being shown to anyone? Unless they have disabled adhesive obfuscation on the server. There is nothing personal about a resource name being displayed, especially as there are lots of FiveM server lists that already do that and resources are by no means proprietary.

3 Likes

What? Why?? Just because they can see the resources doesn’t mean they can take them?

1 Like

There’s also a function in the server name search which allows you to type the name of a resource and it shows all the servers that have it. Don’t see how it could be a problem.

Update 20-12-2017

An update has just been released (will be available for download automatically within the next 24 hours) to fix a fatal bug which crashed the app on startup, caused by servers using invalid server keys. Those servers will no longer be visible in the app after this update.

2 Likes

You paid $100/yr for this? xD Thanks though!

Yes, though my school paid me 100$ back because I needed the developer program for some classes.

2 Likes

New update is now available. Changes:

• Small UI tweaks.
  • Updated the servers API URL.
  • Fixed a bug.
  • Servers are now sorted A-Z by hostname (favorite servers which appear at the top are sorted Z-A, this can’t be fixed).
  • No more spam/illegal/bad characters in hostnames. Goodbye [######00000.1] servers!
2 Likes

what about a user search function

Some users might experience problems loading the serverlist. I’ll be investigating and pushing and update asap.

1 Like

I’ve located the :bug:. I’ve made sure to :boom: it. Update is pending approval!

:new: Changes in this upcoming update

+ Fixed a bug which prevented the serverlist from being loaded.
+ Favorite servers are now also sorted correctly (A-Z).
+ In the unfortunate event of an error, proper alerts will be displayed.

- Removed annoying whitespaces leading/trailing server hostnames.
(this also messed up the sorting, which is now fixed, so yay x2)

* Improved performance slightly.
* Updated project dependencies.
* Updated deployment target to the latest version of iOS (11.2).

Some other features suggested previously are being considered. The biggest issue is that this App was originally designed to be just a serverlist. Meaning data is only stored in one place. I pretty much have to rewrite 80% of the app to add features like:

• Searching players across all servers.
  • Filtering servers based on certain resources.
  • And some other cool stuff.

So if I decide to do this, then it’ll at least take some time before that’s all ready to be implemented, and the UI will also have to be redesigned.

Note some debug code was left in this update accidentally. It will be removed with the next update but until then one of my test servers cannot be removed from your favourites list :sweat_smile:

Update (changes mentioned above) is now available for download.

Features planned in the next update (coming soon :tm: ):

• Addition of pinned servers. (will be pinned just below your favourites list) Including a green background color to easily find out which servers are officially pinned servers.
  • Special servers: these will be highlighted with a slightly blue background. This feature is currently unused, but can be activated immediately if there’s a need to pin a special server. No, you can’t “buy” a slot!
  • Added a refresh button so you can reload the serverlist without restarting the app.
  • Removed bug leftover from testing the previous version.