Question about DDOS Protection

If you’re playing find the fanboi and you’ve selected this post, you won.

3 Likes

most DDoS protections is at network level, dont matter if its windows or not… do you not know how ddos protection works?

hell even my isp offers ddos protection and i can use whatever OS i want.

1 Like

Wish mine did,
got ddosed by some kid on minecraft who griefed and shut down the server :frowning: ~ 5 minutes
and then I got ddosed on some trash RP server by someone with a mod menu. ~ 13 minutes

Just so you are aware, Ascend Servers just seem to resell OVH servers. So you are most likely paying a premium compared to buying from OVH directly.
Also, seems they are tied to a hosting company that appears to be blacklisted from FiveM as they are mentioned in the text on the Sales FAQ.

1 Like

I think he means buying a Windows VPS with the DDoS protection service added as an extra, not that Windows actually offers any DDoS Protection.

1 Like

From my experience, NFO have a slightly high prices, but their service is excellent and I’ve been using them for years. Personally I had a bad experience with OVH as a fake DMCA takedown was filed against me and immediately my box was taken down, I only found out it was fake after my new host spotted the issue ( https://winstrihosting.com/ ) I have also had a great experience with them but have never purchased a dedicated server from them.

Can you stop renaming your topic title, thanks.

Hello have you got a good host? windows One europe side?

Hello Jarrrk can you help me to setup firewall to my OVH vps . i rent one of OVH VPS package . I run fivem but still if some people attach us , my server goes down

Linux or Windows? Open up the required ports for fivem.
TCP: 30120
UDP: 30120

1 Like

yes i was able to open the required port but still someone can attack my server

this is my firewall settings

1 Like

Year old topic, please create a new topic in #server-development:server-discussion thanks :mascot: