Second car dealer?

I want to make a second car dealer but i dont know how to. I have tried to make a second one but it didnt work. I’m not really good at coding but I am open to learning. I hoop someone can help me with this porblem. (I use ESX files)

Rename everything and make new tables in the database

To expand a little on what Fischer said, you want to go through the resource and change esx_vehicleshop to esx_newresourcename, once that’s done, you will want to look at the sql statements in the server.lua and change the db tables to point to a new category and cars tables. That will get you very close to having a duplicate car shop. You’ll then want to clean it up by removing duplicate things like /dv command calls, etc.

1 Like

I use esx_vehicleshop and esx_truckshop, maybe this helps

1 Like

thanks it is working now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

I try to do it like you say :

• rename “esx_vehicleshop:doSomething” by “esx_resourcename:doSomething”.
  • rename “cardealer” by “cardealer2”
  • rename “society_cardealer” by “society_cardealer2”.

For now i can :

• See markers.
  • Open Shop menu (but only see the FIRST car i explain next)
  • Put / Take items in society.
  • Put / Take money in society.

The bug -->

When i open the shop menu, press “buy car” i see the first car in the first categorie.

I was like “Nice it is working, i am true boss”… But, i switch to see the second car.

The second car appear, but the shop menu disappear and impossible close the menu.

So i was block in the car… (restart the resource and you are free again if you try the same thing :wink: ).

I decided to try the basic “vehicle_shop”, and i have the same issue :

• see the first car, switch, everything disappear and block.

any one have an idea ? x)

I open an issue on github (better description)

So I did everything you said, it works! (kind of) I go to switch the cars to look at them, and I get stuck on the 2nd vehicle, and cant do anything when I try to move, only thing I can do, is restart the resource and then I can get out of it. Any ideas why i get stuck?

use the esx_truckshop
Change DB to whatever you need and that’s it :slight_smile:

now how do you go about storing the vehicles? Im having an issue where when i purchase the vehicle at the second shop, when i go to store it, it tells me that I dont own the vehicle.

You will need to look at the event that gives you the car,
Mine works just fine. I have my own diamond VIP store and the esx_truckshop for the rest of the vehicles.

I figured it out…and actually went on to create a 3rd dealership so he can customize vehicles and purchase those UNcustomized vehicles at a cheaper price

Thanks so much for your help

hello everyone, May I please be pointed to the truckshop thread I have a problem with it it is showing the truck blip on the map but there are no markers to buy or sell the trucks.

1 Like

Some resources don’t have release topics, I don’t bother making one for any of mine. You can post an issue if there’s a Github for it, post looking for assistance here in the forums or find one of the many helpful esx/fivem Discord channels(check my profile for a couple links).

I did try the truckshop and it does not work

1 Like

Did you ever get this fixed? I’m running into the same issue

So i use esx_advancedvehicleshop and esx_advancedgarage, the way i have it setup is i use the vip and cars shop that is already all in the scripts, i set it up so the vip one is another car shop, it is really easy to setup and never had an issue, both cars from each shop go into the same garage.

Easy, use esx_cryptocustoms

1 Like

I got everything going except for the bossmenu, was wondering if anyone could help on that?