Scripting Language

Have we got official word on what language will be used for server-side scripts? I’ve heard they are sticking with Lua from MultiFive however I haven’t had a dev confirm that.

We are sticking with Lua.

Lua is a solid scripting language.
We will probably see some really good servers pop up.

Lua will be used in the foreseeable future. I’ll think about other languages when initial release is out and most of the bugs are gone.

I’m good with LUA so please stick with LU, hope this project goes good.

@cody196 Lua will be used, it may expand further on.

@cody196 this one will definitely support your roleplay scripts that you’re making no worries

@0x420 said in Scripting Language:

Lua will be used in the foreseeable future. I’ll think about other languages when initial release is out and most of the bugs are gone.

Then I vote JavaScript (Node). The extremely comprehensive npm library would be so epic for development.

@andreas Ofcourse, but lets focus on LUA first.

Please add Javascript (NodeJS) support . . .

@Graefal That wont happen soon.

Is there an API so we can bind our own languages?

I’d love to develop for FiveReborn, but learning LUA is just not useful.

@Tirus said in Scripting Language:

Is there an API so we can bind our own languages?

I’d love to develop for FiveReborn, but learning LUA is just not useful.

If you can already code, you should be able to use LUA without going too much indepth.
Honestly in this current market, expanding your portfolio is only a good thing.

You can never learn too much.

@Tirus api to bind your own languages? What is that for question lol of course not. That has never existed.

@kanersps Well it probably exists, since LUA events/functions were made available with functionbinding as well.

@Tirus No it doesn’t

First and foremost, it’s ‘Lua’, not ‘LUA’ or any other variant.

I don’t understand the anti-Lua rhetoric. Lua is a lovely language that is very functional and a lot easier to deal with compared to some others. When dealing with syntax, it is very straightforward and a lot cleaner compared to something like JavaScript. I’m not the biggest fan of some of Lua’s syntax, but it doesn’t take very long to get used to and it helps the code become more readable in general.

A quick look at MTA can show you just how damn good Lua is. You can use metatables to create a fully fledged custom classes and even use them to communicate between Lua VMs (if the mod goes down that path). I have used Lua for years and I have never had a problem that was beyond the language to the point where it was unsolvable (mind you this was MTA). As @Cantrip said, Lua is a very solid language and I don’t see any reason to use anything else.

Why people hate Lua?

I did this only with Lua, rectangles (Used maths for rounded rectangles) and images (for user icon and pw icon).

U can view more videos of Lua in my youtube channel. (Is trash from when I was learning)

Lua is life, bitches.

@Dannys said in Scripting Language:

Why people hate Lua?

I did this only with Lua, rectangles (Used maths for rounded rectangles) and images (for user icon and pw icon).

U can view more videos of Lua in my youtube channel. (Is trash from when I was learning)

Lua is life, bitches.

Wow! Sick!