Resource onduty help for FX?!?!

We have tried and tried and cannot get our onduty resource to work on FX. It used to work but now it doesnt. It says /onduty entered in game but if i do /onduty pdo it doesent add police to my name. If anyone can help thay can be staff or dev for us at Real Life 5 (RL5)
Discord.gg/2DUvfgSwk_teams.rar (1.8 KB)

prettt sure its /team or /setteam ??

Moved to #development:scripts

no its customized to /onduty. worked in citmp but not fx

You’ll need to update your split string, as I’m on my phone I can’t provide the link but it should be in the running fxserver section on the wiki

I am in no way familiar with code. Was just looking for someone willing to help, they could become staff and dev, or even just someone who wants to help for nothing. I know it seems buggy but its my last problem and ive tried to ask everyone i know.

this script also uses essentialmode just as a heads up

I have essentials mode

Someone please ughh im trying so hard but it won’t work.

try re install the script, save he one u did as a backup, just use it by default and try it

Your __resource.lua looks like this:

client_scripts {
        "wk_teams/client.lua"
}

It should look like

client_script 'client.lua' 
server_script 'server.lua' 

My team script doesn’t even use string splitting :smiley:

I noticed after looking at the resource hehe

I done that to my resource and now when I start my server up I’m getting this error

Error parsing script server.lua in resource hi: server.lua:14: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 6) near 'bank'
Failed to load script server.lua.

Problem solved got the script working! Once you change the __resource.lua to what @WolfKnight179 presented you will recieve and error saying

Error parsing script server.lua in resource Onduty: server.lua:14: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 6) near 'bank'
Failed to load script server.lua.

To FIX this you need to change your line 5 - 26 with this OR check each line and see if there written correctly!

local teams = 
{
	owner    = { id = 1, name = "Owner",   cmd = "312owner",    colour = { 255, 0, 0 } },
	Secret   = { id = 2, name = "Secret-Service",       cmd = "sec",   colour = { 255, 0, 0 } },
	admin    = { id = 3, name = "Administrator",      cmd = "312admin",  colour = { 255, 0, 0 } },
	mod      = { id = 4, name = "Moderator",       cmd = "312mod",   colour = { 255, 0, 0 } },
	civilian = { id = 5, name = "Civilian",       cmd = "civ",   colour = { 150, 150, 150 } },
	pworks   = { id = 7, name = "Public Works",       cmd = "pworks",   colour = { 255, 165, 0 } },
	towtruck = { id = 8, name = "Tow Truck Driver",       cmd = "tow",   colour = { 255, 165, 0 } }
}

Please feel free to ask more questions if you need help fixing this!

i know that this is a old post but when i am running the script with the "fixes i get this message in console and can’t write any messages in game

i get an CMD_PERMISSION_LEVEL_ERROR

i get that i need to add the group somehow but just not where :frowning: