[Request]FiveM Linux Client?

Any update regarding this @barium - DXVK apparently never will support shared resources (https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/899).

Are you still working on a solution to get around this, or will that not be possible? :slight_smile:

Any updates?

No, as Wine/DXVK still don’t support shared resources. Ask them for ‘updates’.

I have no Idea how complicated that would be, but how about writing a FiveM Linux client more ore less from scratch? Could it probably be less work than to implement a bunch of stuff into wine and then running the Windows client with wine?

1 Like

That wouldn’t make any sense as it’d involve rewriting all of Wine ‘from scratch’ as well as GTA V is not a Linux game either.

how about a windows client that is wine compatible?

That can’t be done as this shared resource stuff isn’t implemented on Wine. Not using it would make the entire client not work.

Is this relevant?
https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2019-October/153443.html

“This patchset adds support for Vulkan shared memory in wine, which can
in turn be used by API layers like DXVK or D9VK to support D3D shared
resources. The final commit in the patchset adds a wine extension
allowing layers to associate a custom struct describing a resource, so
that they can recreate it with no outside information. In the case of
DXVK and D3D11 shared resources, this is a D3D11_COMMON_TEXTURE_DESC.”

To my knowledge, this was never accepted.

Referencing Proton Shared Texture Resources Implementation by Guy1524 · Pull Request #2516 · doitsujin/dxvk · GitHub and Testing Wine/DXVK shared resources - "Could not load CitizenGame.dll" - #2 by system

Maybe @nta can enlighten us if this is a step in the right direction or if not what’d be necessary to inch toward a working FiveM client under Wine.

1 Like

That may help more, but this changeset seems to be hacky for now (requires in-process-gpu as it doesn’t do a proper implementation atop shared FDs) so can’t be seen as reliable.

Either way, anticheat components probably won’t run until ‘user syscall dispatch’ changes are merged in both the Linux kernel and Wine (or forks-of) and these have been validated for accuracy (which may be very inaccurate right now, even?). I believe Linux 5.11 has user syscall dispatch, optionally, but Wine never ended up using this functionality.

See my longer post, by the way:

I don’t want to scare anyone of give false hope.

I’m attempting to run proton experimental (said to have dxvk with shared resources) in the context of app 271590 (GTA V) and see how steam and fivem react

EDIT: it’s frozen at 0% verifying the game content

EDIT 2: If I click cancel it verifies the files… then I get to this screen and no matter my answer it just closes:

Disable ‘esync’ in Wine, it breaks MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx.

We don’t need an infinite amount of ‘Linux when??’ topics that can be bumped randomly.

See this one: