Can we bring more diversity to servers? (maybe even official servers!)

Just accidentally deleted this whole thing, so if it sucks this time, forgive me.
When I scroll through the server list, all I see is police RP servers.
The only free mode server I’ve ever seen only had 2-3 people on it, constantly.
You think they enjoy that, you think I enjoyed it?
Not really.
Not that I don’t like the police RP servers, but I just think we could use a little more diversity.
actually a lot more diversity.
I’ve always wanted to do some free mode with a lot of people, but I can’t because it’s mostly Police RP servers.
And that zombies mode for FiveReborn?
Come on, guys!
That’s awesome and literally, no one is using it.
I’d love to pick off a horde of zombies while also being chased by some player-made clan with some buddies I met roaming the streets, or have a massive hold out with the cops with a couple of fools from the streets, or protect a yacht from other online players!
Does this not sound like the best of times to you?
This is how FiveReborn was supposed to be played, not ONLY Police RP!
I’d love to be able to connect to a nice zombies server, and a nice free mode server and I’m positive a whole lot of us would agree.
We need to start doing this, guys!
If you agree with me, and you’re capable of making a server. do it!
Don’t just sit there and wish, which is kind of what I’m doing but that’s not the point.
The point is, we really need more servers, a lot more servers.
Let’s let people play FiveReborn the way it was meant to be played.
Start creating more servers, with freedom, and some with zombies!
It’s time we take part in this community and turn it into something great.
Maybe even make your own game modes, that would be absolutely awesome!
FiveReborn team, I know you guys can up that 25 players cap, that would play a good part in this as well.
And maybe, we could get some official servers up?
Like an official free mode server?
and a few official zombies servers?
It’s about time we fix it.
It’s 2017 and we’re still playing cops and robbers, and not playing death and zombies, or robbers and robbers.
Let’s do it, let’s do something.
Who’s in?

2 Likes

If you want a better server, you have to make it yourself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 Likes

I mean we need more in diversity and quantity, not just in quality! Read all of it!
And, as a matter of fact, good sir, I will indeed create my own server, just to start it all off!
It will be a zombies server!

I made a server…haven’t joined it yet…but it’s meant to be a cool place to hang out without being policed by the man. Rules are simple, “don’t be a dick.”

Host name is set in config as: Hostname: All Mods Allowed, Don’t Be A DICK!

server ip is 104.255.229.102 for now…subject to change…cheers guys!

And if anyone has any suggestions on stuff I should do with the server PM me.

The biggest issue is not players wanting more and not making more, it’s players not knowing how to script more and hope others will make stuff they enjoy. Probably the number one reply you’ll receive when talking about wanting something is being told to make it yourself, or to read a wiki and figure it out.

While it’s fair for them to suggest players to create their own stuff and if you want it badly, learn to script and do it. If I knew how, I’d make stuff from Game Modes to scripts but I don’t know how to script and don’t care to learn. It’s just not what I do.

Recently I joined a newer server that offers some unique features from robbing stores and players, owning businesses to renting cars and in the future, own a home and pet. Etc. It’s a more realistic world for GTA that has been getting better and better every day.

The Zombie mode is pretty awesome but it lacks so much that makes any zombie survival game fun… inventory and surviving. With just one random zombie ped appearing randomly, it gets old quickly. Not to put RottenV down, I think it’s a wonderful server and the people behind it are awesome. It’s just, this is GTA. What else could you ask for?

I am making my own, and what i meant want by this post was to encourage anyone who did know, and just to bring a notice, that’s all. also to sort of start a server posting thread.

I host 3 servers at the moment

zombie survival ,
British police server,
and a normal server which we role play on.

the normal rp server being the most popular.

what other ideas do you think? racing? they just get boring after a while same with drifting etc. Atlesst with my normal rp server you can pretty much do what you like just donto upset the police xD

plus our community is awesome.
if you fancy a new team or clan join us.

you’ve got the ip’s?

we are a UK based server so the server is empty. we had about 25 players on earlier. our servers have our website in the title: evolgaming.com

Just made a server, It’s “Big Smokes Fun House” (excuse the terrible name, im not good with names, sorry), it’s a free roam server. It’s not much, but it’s got a few scripts on it, give me any suggestions.
Here’s the post on the FiveReborn General Discussion
https://forum.cfx.re/t/server-free-roam-big-smokes-fun-house/5410
I highly recomend visiting that page for more information.

“Can we bring more diversity”

those three are literally the most spammed things on the server list

what do you mean by spammed? what else is possible on gta? And this thread is months old now. grave digger.

police servers are spammed, “normal” servers are spammed but zombie survival not really

by “spammed” i mean they show up on the serverlist a lot

“what else is possible on gta?”

a lot, like deathmatch, racing, demolition derby, heck, maybe even like a rocket league type mode.

1 Like

I suppose but it’s what people like and so do I. If people liked that sort of thing surley there would be more of them?

Yep true that frugoo,

I was recently looking at creating a gamemode for SA-MP but then stumbled across this. I hope to look in to what’s possible with the scripting language provided and make a super cool, fun game mode. It’ll be more RPG like than RP itself. I.e. looting, crafting, jobs, missions, markets, factions etc. I just don’t know what’s possible yet until I find some kind of wiki or other resource so I can see what’s possible.

1 Like

Just wait till the player cap is higher then the real shit begins

Moved to general discussion

they need to make an offical server for the main things,freerom serious rp that stuff

This topic was about diversity between servers. Not adding “official” RP servers to FiveM. Besides… this is over a year old.