[Request] Additional Discord Moderators

Dear Collective.

After a recent widespread issue, mass panic ensued on the Discord Server. Channels were flooded with poor information, spamming, disgusting avatars, typical childish behavior and unfortunately no moderators were around to assist.

My request is to consider additional moderators to assist on different time zones with the potential shitlords which may come through to cause havoc. I think that there is a good group of individuals who would be interested in assuming that role for the betterment of the community plus, it would take quite a bit of load off the other moderators, and yourselves.

Just some things to think about, keep up the good work - it’s appreciated.

Yeah we DEFINITELY need this after today.

I agree, There is many people in almost every channel that dont take the time to scroll back in chat and read why the severs are down multiple people with disgusting avatars against discord tos, etc etc

They are desperate with this forum’s moderators and you want them to better moderate the Discord…

this will be almost always the case, not everyone can watch the forums at all times, i try to be as active as possible but sometimes have to be mentioned to delete certain spam

if only it was that easy, for one, the collective decides who’s worthy and who’s not, and most people “worthy” of being a moderator are either in the same timezones as us or are barely active.

there is no big “load” on us, we can manage the forums just fine, it’s just the active times that are an issue.

3 Likes

I’m more specifically talking about the Discord.

There are some in addition to myself I can recommend, I myself am NA EST time zone and often times am available quite frequently. If you’d like to discuss the others feel free to DM / PM me.

Forums aren’t a concern, it’s the Discord - more people want the instant gratification so they come to the Discord. Even when requested to make a post on the forums…

Reviving this… Sorry, I know it’s old but after tonight, I 100% believe more moderators are needed (in discord). Shit posters everywhere and you can’t even talk to the people who need help.

EDIT: Or just get rid of the Discord… Burn it…

5 Likes

Just to add on, I got tagged once in offtopic, than I was scrolling for a good 5 minutes before I could see what the person tagged me in… Or put some sort time limit on mass posting? Soo you can post 7 messages as fast as you want, after that, you have a cooldown depending on how fast you did the previous messages?

I know it sounds dumb, but… it was aids. :confused:

The staff don’t want to make a bot do any critical function in the discord so that’s likely never going to happen.

I would like to see some more humans in at odd times to handle these shitshows though.

Well… there are they just don’t have moderation power of any kind.

1 Like

how do you burn a website?

By burning the server…

how? By burning the whole website?

Buuuuuuuuuurn it!

ok… I guess we burn discord?

you guys also need to actually report such members to us, most of us are asleep when the idiots are up so having someone message us when there is an issue could massively help us.

2 Likes

This isn’t much of an issue anymore since most forum regulars were given EC on Discord.

Edit: Also, before regs were given EC, we would message people about all the issues, yet if you’re asleep, it doesn’t help much at the current moment, but again, this shouldn’t be that big of an issue anymore.

:cry: lol

2 Likes