[Request] Ability to disable the resources list on the connecting page

This could be very nice to have. Since the implementation of banner on the connecting page, the player list can get lost because of the resource list. (See picture below)

Also, i don’t know of a reason why it is necessary for a player to see the resource list on a server.
It would look a bit better without that list :slight_smile: .

Let me know your opinion and if this is possible.

• Yes
  • Maby
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

That’s a lot of resources. Lel

I think you are looking at it the wrong way around, the problem is not the resource list. It’s the player list getting overlapped by the resource list, which is an UI bug that should not happen.

4 Likes

I agree with @Syntasu something should be fixed regarding the layout of the server details screen.

Also, having a list of resources is great -in my opinion- because.

1. It’s already available if you go to <serverip>:<port>/info.json
  2. If you like or dislike certain resources, you immediately know if you want to join the server, or look for another.
  3. If you see that the server has 200 resources installed, the performance is most likely not that great, so if you’re not running on some great specs, you might want to be able to avoid those servers before joining.
5 Likes

Making the server resource list avaliable opens a door for skids to get enough info for bug/exploit abusing.

Should not be avaliable anywhere, or maybe, we can have the possibility of choosing to display it or not.

(Sorry for the bad english).

3 Likes

@Yaukz_Zkuay

If you have not already have a look at this release.

https://forum.cfx.re/t/resource-scrambler-randomize-all-custom-resource-events-anti-lua-injector/

So is this possible? To disable it… I want to have that option to

Well, you are not getting it. A resource list is clearly a helpful source for players joining a server to get some unbiased information of what the server is going to be like.

1 Like