[request] a clean redesign of fivem

Hello everyone, its time to place my first post here. First of all, such a great system for new incoming community players of fiveM. +1 on that.

As some players of my community wanted to play on a fiveM server, I’ve been working to set one up. Now it comes towards… mods… and here is what my issue lays.

When going to the section of the plugins, you get basically everything in one big pile trowed at your face. it really scares me and makes me want to leave the fiveM idea and trying for something else. The way how to install the plugins are a wild goose hunt and when it comes on the information… well… meh

A plugin page should have all information we need, links towards the other plugins that are needed in order to work, a nice installation explanation and properly documented of what commands are possible and what the plugin does.

This gives it for the user a nice overview of the number of plugins in a nice list, but also customer friendly. see it as a win win.

It sounds like the perfect system I agree, but this isn’t a perfect world. Dependencies are up to script creators to list on their topics. Not all plugins have commands etc so making a set template would be pretty ineffective. Since releases are community driven it’s only right to allow the community to design their release topic how they want it since fivem isnt exactly a store. Note this isn’t hate , your idea sounds good but it’s just not really plausible with a community driven forum like this :slight_smile: . Others are entitled to their own opinions however.

Edit: There is filters for it, you can filter it for ESX/Non ESX.
Edit 2: Personally I believe it’s fine but like i said others can disagree.

2 Likes

Never seemed to be an issue for anyone else? All you have to do is search for what you want and it will appear.

This just depends on the creator of the resource… It’s not really anything FiveM can do.

Again, this isn’t something FiveM should be in charge of (nor the mods). Let’s say you have ESX installed. There are several different resource creators for the ESX framework. Therefore, there will be different threads. However, ESX has a GitHub with most of the esx resources you can use. They also tell you any resources required for said to run.

There are no customers of FiveM. It’s free to use and community ran. This would not be a “win win” as it would take many volunteered hours to get this done and would take many more to keep updated.

If you wanted to do something like this, I’m sure it would be fine. But you won’t find that here.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be opposed to some stricter standards and guidelines applied to topics created in the resource section.

1 Like

A better guideline would be step one for a nice revamped fiveM forum. some nifty terms and agreements would be perfect.

@Indominus so sad to see your suggestion of this. If you dont like the idea, please move on instead of complaining. there are customers coming to fiveM, your one of them… sigh… brains these days.

@deldesigns exact! nothing is a perfect word, but the devs of FiveM could atleast do something pretty instead of quikly finishing a forum. they can do waay better then this.

I feel like we are confusing this word “customers”. FiveM is free to use and open sourced. Therefore, there are no customers. No one is obligated to pay to use FiveM/FXServer. Anyone that donates is just that. A donator. It’s voluntary.

FiveM is also community ran. The discord is moderated by volunteers, the forums are as well and the project is supported/developed by volunteers contributing to the GitHub.

The CitizenFX Collective are here to oversee everything but they do not have time to do everything you’re seeking. And with the moderation team volunteering their own time as well, they wouldn’t have time for this either.

Also I am not a customer to FiveM. I contribute my time towards the project by helping out however I can both here and on the Discord.

@deldesigns Basically nailed it. In a perfect world this would be how things are, however, since every resource is made by a different person, there’s no real way to enforce this.

@ChristopherM I’m sure you may already be aware but there are some rules/guidelines for posting a release. More info can be found here: Releases Rules and F.A.Q

1 Like

I agree 100% with the forums I just like discourse forums all together lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would also love a new layout and system for mods to be published, the current one pushes the same old releases to the top no matter what filter you apply. It would also be cool if there was a subsection for frameworks since there is so much ESX stuff getting posted here all the time.

However, on a side note, I will say that if you are hosting a server/community you shouldn’t have a complete dependency on other resources, or you end up with yet another stock ESX / VRP server with all the same bugs and problems that the rest do.

Okay I don’t like ranting but it is a discussion so that’s what it’s for.

I don’t know what you are on about there I mean

You can clearly see new releases, most popular, your own releases etc etc.

This is semi agree with but I mean 90% of scripts that are ESX start like this
[ESX] Scriptname
Also I mean there is technically nothing wrong with the forums so I just see it as a don’t change/fix if it’s not broken.

Yeah, its a discussion might as well discuss lol.

Have you actually went through them all though? For me, I get at the very least 3 or 4 resources that repeat in the top 10 for every single different filter, and if you check the “new” category you only get ones that were published extremely recently.

If you want to search for a gamemode for example, you have to use the fourm search with the release tag, but you still get repeats and random resources that have nothing to do with gamemodes due to someone mentioning the keywords “gamemode” in the comments.

This can be easily avoided by clicking on the advanced search option and clicking “matching in titles only”.

Also when a comment is made on a topic, it gets 'bumped’ to the top of the forum. This is why you see older topics more often.

Yeah I know about the advanced search, but if you try it for gamemode releases right now you will only get 11 results, despite there being a lot more and several are not being developed anymore.

Also I don’t have any problems with the standard forum bump feature being active for releases, but the fact that its there for every filter is annoying, since you will never find new or less popular resources without searching for a very long time.