Replace_level_meta and the new loading behavior? (repro)

Hello,

I don’t know what precisely led to this new crash but removing “map” content from the image.meta actually leads to a crash at loading.

Here is the dump: https://we.tl/t-0YxJOSZXkC

Here is the repro resource:
repro.zip (4.9 KB)
This zip includes:

• a clean gta5.meta (but that loads a custom image.meta)
  • a custom image.meta with “map’s assets” removed (to have an empty map)
  • a complete __resource.lua with loadscreen_manual_shutdown ‘yes’

I tried loadscreen_manual_shutdown 'yes' but it does not fix it.
Unfortunately without removing the custom image.meta, it is impossible to log in.

A clean replacement meta works fine for a server here, so there has to be something specific about what you’ve ‘removed’ that breaks.

… in fact this is just you having loaded a custom mapdata which does not have the proper flags set to allow deleting physics instances? Nothing to do with ‘new loading behavior’.

… and your repro sucks, wtf?

<Item>
	  <xi:include href="resources/popgroups/images.meta" xpointer="xpointer(/dataFiles)"/>
	</Item>

wtf is resources/? it’s resources:/. why is it called popgroups when the zip is repro? this of course would fail as A LOT OF STUFF isn’t loaded.

popgroups is the resource I use
I just quickly written this thing on a clean gta5.meta
But I do have the issue with it, let me fix that

repro.zip (4.9 KB)
Just tested with this one. (I’ve only renamed popgroups and added the missing :)

no clue then, normal replacements work fine, also seems your thing does contain lots of random original stuff still?

https://www.diffchecker.com/wXwbkHTL
These are the only modifications

there’s also stuff to be removed in gta5.meta probably, also why is prologue kept in?

probably an oversight
also did my repro work with you? Since just removing metro/tunnels rpf from the images.meta actually leads to this crash.
I don’t really understand why since like 1-2 weeks ago it was fine.

Update, so after some testing the animation does crash my client for some reason when some part of images.meta are removed.

Thought, corrently using loadscreen_manual_shutdown fixed my problem since I just learnt that it is supposed to be inserted in loadscreen’s __resource.lua. My bad.