Releases Rules and F.A.Q

Releases rules

We’ve seen some misconceptions regarding the ‘rules’ for the #development:releases category. With this post we want to list the common rules that all users must follow. Please note that these are not the only rules on the forum and you must still follow the rules mentioned on the FAQ page and any other rules that apply.

Advertising

Any advertisement is not tolerated. This includes any mentions of support through third-party services like Discord and websites. If you would like to contact a user do so via Direct Messages or find their contact details via their profile description. Advertising includes, but is not limited to:

• Any Discord link/user (this includes extra support)
  • “Early Access” or extra features
  • “Go to my site to download”
  • Mentions of FiveM server communities

Credits & Copyright/DMCA

Sharing content that is not yours is allowed as long as you credit the original author and don’t violate their terms/license. Try to contact the author via their contact information found on their profile, leaving a comment/reply, or by creating an issue (if it’s a repository). After allowing the original author time to reply (~1 week) and you’ve not received a reply, you may use their content under the terms that you credit them and share your contact attempt (i.e. with a screenshot).

• GitHub content. If you share content obtained through a repository (i.e. from GitHub), make sure you read the repository’s LICENSE. If the repository has no license, contact the author via their contact information found on their profile or by creating an issue.
  • FiveM forum releases. You may not re-release any already existing releases from the FiveM forum, unless the original author has given you permission. Generally, one should share improved/edited resources in the original forum topic and/or by submitting a Pull Request if the release has a repository.
  • Third-party mod websites. “Converting” content from a third-party website for use in FiveM (i.e. vehicles) is allowed as long as you credit the original author with a link and follow their own terms. However, the release must include original content. That is, creating a FiveM resource with only existing files is prohibited. Only exception is if said author of third-party mod is the FiveM topic creator.
  • Paid content. Release of any paid content is not permitted as this violates the FiveM TOS. For example, creating vehicle textures for a paid vehicle is allowed, but you may not include said paid vehicle.

If you are caught lying about content being yours, you risk your account being suspended.

See a violation? Flag the topic or email support@fivem.net. Do not start an argument. Flag it and let staff take care of it. For more information, checkout the F.A.Q. at the bottom of this post.

TLDR: Credit original authors, don’t plagiarize, and ask the original authors for permission to release their creation.

Files & Download

Whenever possible, make use of the file upload feature on the forum. Sharing a GitHub repository link is allowed as long as the content on the repository is not compressed.

A release over the file size limit of any of the two aforementioned upload methods may be shared via a third-party upload service as long as it’s not a money generating or URL shortened link (i.e. adf.ly, bit.ly). Examples of trusted third-party upload services: MEGA, Google Drive.

Source code may not be obfuscated or minified. At all times must your release include source code. You may include compiled files (i.e. for a C# script).

If a download link is not working, flag the topic and let staff investigate.

Quality

We want to encourage everyone to create scripts and release them for others to use and learn from. However, we do expect you to follow some quality guidelines.

• Deprecated methods. Make sure your release does not contain deprecated methods, such as creating chat commands without the REGISTER_COMMAND native.
  • Tutorials. Scripts created using a ‘tutorial’ is not allowed unless you have expanded it in such a way that there is added value for the community.
  • Server dumps. You may not release server dumps. Release individual resources instead.
  • Default resource replacements. You’re not allowed to release a modified version of resources found in the default cfx-server-data repository.
  • Bugs. Software is bound to have bugs. Try to minimize them by testing your release with other community members before creating a post.
  • Informative post. Make sure your release topic is formatted nicely and has information about the resource and how to use it. We encourage users to post screenshots/videos if applicable.

Remember that the quality of your release impacts your image in the FiveM community. Take your time when releasing a resource.

User interaction and behavior

It’s important that you interact with users on your topic, however, make sure to follow the forum rules (see the FAQ page for our community guidelines). Posting hate comments is not allowed. If you see a problem, FLAG it, do not reply to the comment yourself. This only makes things worse.

We encourage positive and constructive criticism. Any replies/arguments without constructive feedback are not tolerated. If you believe the resource is doing something against the FiveM terms of service, or something malicious in any other way, flag the topic and provide sufficient information for our staff members to investigate.

Topic Management

The moderation team has the right to close, unlist, and edit a release at any time. If you do not agree with a decision on your own topic, flag it using a custom flag for clarification and/or to start a discussion. Do not encourage others to mass flag the topic.

F.A.Q

I want to release something, but I cannot create a release topic?

Being able to post a topic in the #development:releases category requires the minimum trust level 2. Be active in the community by helping others, answer questions and generally offer an active stance in the community to gain trust levels. For more information about trust levels, see Understanding Discourse Trust Levels.

If you feel that your resource adds a lot of value to the FiveM community, you may post it in #development:scripts and a trusted user will move it for you. For easier moderation, you may also flag the topic and ask for a moderator to move it to #development:releases.

My/Someones content is being shared without my/their permission. What can I do?

Email support@fivem.net or flag the topic with a takedown request that includes proof that the content is yours/theirs (i.e. screenshots of the original files, links to the original files, diff’s of the original and released files). Staff will look into it as soon as possible.

Please do not encourage others to mass flag the topic and don’t start an argument in the topic.

[Release] Grupppe Sechs YMAP
Handcuffs in inventory - working!
[Release] vRP_GiftBox
[Release] Hunger & Thirst | The Staff members can set the players hunger and thirst
Vehicle Permission/Credit should be enforced
[ESX] Cooker Job (Based on Unicorn job)
[ESX] Border Patrol Job
Delete post**
Send msg to all players

Okay thanks for the info allot of good stuff here

Yes there is :stuck_out_tongue:

:+1: