[Release] WraithRS | Advanced Radar System [1.0.2]

There is a newer version in my line of radars:

WraithRS

After weeks in development I am finally proud to present to you, my latest resource: Wraith Radar System. This is a fully custom NUI based radar, with features designed and built around specifications of real radars, more specifically, the Stalker DSR 2X. The entire system works flawlessly with any game mode, and is designed to only work specifically in emergency vehicles, thus making it more realistic as in real life you wouldn’t need to have the “police job” in order to get it to work.

The way it works, and the controls

This radar system comes with a remote control screen, which lets you configure your radar, when in-game, press LCtrl + M (LCtrl must be held first) to open the menu. You must be in a police vehicle to open the menu, these are vehicles that have the VC_EMERGENCY class. When inside a police vehicle, click the button at the top that says “Toggle Radar”, this will enable the radar panel which will appear in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.

The front and rear antenna controls have the same buttons which just affect each antenna, each button corresponds to the following action:

• XMIT - Turns on/off the antenna.
  • OPP - Makes the antenna scan traffic in the opposite lane.
  • SAME - Makes the antenna scan traffic in the same lane of travel.
Target Zones Diagram

Capture

The display will notify you if one of the antennas is turned off, the rest of the buttons corresponds to the following action:

• Set Fast Limit - Lets you set the speed at which a vehicle must be travelling in order to be detected in the fast speed box.
  • Toggle Speed Type - Switches between miles per hour and kilometers per hour.
  • Close - Closes the remote control menu.

Once an antenna picks up a vehicle going above the fast limit that you have set, a beep will sound and it will lock the speed in the relevant fast box, and the colour of the numbers displayed will change to a dark red. In order to unlock the display, press the M key. The range of the radar is 50 units, I suggest not messing with this as it will cause issues.

Download

Version 1.0.2
Version 1.0.1
Version 1.0.0

Or direct download

wk_wrs-102.zip (19.1 KB)
wk_wrs-101.zip (18.9 KB)
wk_wrs-100.zip (18.9 KB)

Changelog

Version 1.0.2
- Added option in remote control to toggle fast lock beep
- Added option in radar.css to centre the radar
- Made it so the remote control can only be opened when in a vehicle

Version 1.0.1
 - Control fix

Version 1.0.0
 - Initial Release 

Installation

Install like any other resource…

Special Thanks

I’d like to thank those who helped me beta test the radar:
@DankVybez
@OfficalSouthern
@grahamgarn
@VGN
@austinm
@Ethan_Rubinacci
@vizzra
@FlasH5569
@n0de101

I’d also like to thank @TheStonedTurtle directly for helping me with my CSS and JavaScript, couldn’t have done it without you.

Licence

This resource is protected under the MIT licence, which means you can modify the code how you want. I give permission for anyone to modify and re-upload this resource, the only thing that I ask is that I be credited in the upload.

74 Likes

This looks bloody amazing mate. Will test on my server.

1 Like

Looks great. Finally a good radar.

1 Like

One word… SICK!

1 Like

This is astonishing, amazing work my friend! So awesome to see all this creative work being put out there.

2 Likes

This is amazing, it works perfectly and I love that you can drive around with it while its toggled on. ANOTHER quality release from the Wolfknight and friends, thank you!

1 Like

Once again @WolfKnight179 thanks for letting us help out on the Beta. I really appreciate it and so does my community. Looking forward to some more stuff from you buddy!!!

1 Like

Thank you all :slight_smile:
If you have any suggestions, please let me know

2 Likes

Okay, first and foremost, I have just tested this and I have got to say… WOW! Just wow, this is going to give a whole new meaning to roleplay for traffic officers and such. I was in a test server, and being that there was no one else on it, I still enjoyed myself monitoring AI speeds and it worked perfectly.

The only issue I am having is being unable to open the remote menu back up again, I am unsure whether that is something my end or to do with the script but I cannot fault the script in anyway. Thank you for an amazing script.

1 Like

Are you holding LCtrl, then tapping M?

1 Like

yeah, I solved it by deleting and re spawning the same vehicle. I think it was just clashing with something I have on my client, seems to be fixed now. Thank you for the reply :smiley: Brilliant script :slight_smile:

Glad you fixed it, sounded like an odd issue.

1 Like

NICE i love it! thank you @WolfKnight179

2 Likes

I am having a problem. Some of my officers notice that when they are out of there vehicle and press the button, it freezes their character

Strange, I had a bunch of beta testers and none of them reported that. What button specifically?

Its just when your out of the vehicle it breaks

1 Like

Again, what button specifically?

The button you programmed it to when you press it with key.

Is it just me or do you release the best scripts? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Scott_UK who knows? :smiley:

2 Likes