[Release] Weazel News Camera and Mic *Updated

Don’t use a custom chat resource?

the chat resource is the default chat…

Yes i switched to default however all my current commands like /twt /setjob /dv dont work :S

I really don’t know how that even managed to happen?

… No.

The default chat resource is the top left man… It literally came with your default server resources…

You are not supposed to touch the default fivem resources unless you know what you are doing…

@RowDog can you use /cam and /mic inside a vehicle? This would be great for a Cops TV Show Roleplay. Maybe another script that doesn’t say Weazel News simply if you want to do just that type of Roleplay?

just updated to version 1.2

adds a movie style camera view with a letterbox effect

Could I activate the microphone and the camera with a shortcut key?
the commands in the chat do not work for me, and when I’m in a car and I press R and then E the news scene appears

I think you will have to code that in yourself. But normally that shouldn’t be hard.

i dont know how to do =[ … but thanks

I would suggest to take a look at some animations scrips. Like fingerpoint, handsup, etc. Those animations are button based.

Updated version 1.2
disabled weapon controls and set weapon as unarmed when cam is active,
and made controls notification display correctly

Hey mate how do you remove the “Breaking News” text?

in client.lua delete line 196 and 197
local scaleform = RequestScaleformMovie(“security_camera”)
local scaleform2 = RequestScaleformMovie(“breaking_news”)
and same lua file
delete line 200-205
while not HasScaleformMovieLoaded(scaleform) do
Citizen.Wait(10)
end
while not HasScaleformMovieLoaded(scaleform2) do
Citizen.Wait(10)
end

i think he just beans the text not the overlays in which case you would just delete
line 236
Breaking(“BREAKING NEWS”)
and line 386 to 397

1 Like

@RowDog Not sure if you are aware, but with your script when a player presses E to go into cam view, they can only walk forward. Pressing the A, S or D keys make the entity walk forwards. The glitch stems from the fact that the game thinks you are still in third person, because in that state pressing one of the aforementioned keys turns the player model in that direction and makes it walk forward. Is it possible for you to switch the controls to first person mode, so your player model actually walks backwards when pressing S for example?

I’ve also opened an issue on your Github repo

thanks @MrFRZ for the feedback i actually hadn’t noticed this i had noticed that if you move with the camera it sometimes makes you move continuously but i will look into a fix if anyone has any idea’s they can feel free to fork the github and push and changes to the main branch naturally i’ll test any changes before i merge the branches and credit anyone for there input

UPDATE
Updated the microphone model to the weazel news microphone and changed its positioning

1 Like

I do not know why more when I type / cam nothing happens my base and vrp and my chat and “customchat” could you help me