[Release] vRP Framework

Hi! :slight_smile:
Can someone tell me what is the correct way to get user id? Iā€™m new to LUA, and Iā€™m confused :confused:
I got this:

loacal user_id = vRP.GetUserId(source)

[Sorry for the quality of my language, i am a 100% french dude from Montreal.]

oh it does helpā€¦ thank you very much for taking the time and help semi-noobs like me. any trace of hope will get me closer. i totally missed the purpose of mysql-Async as a resource. FXserver is a good news but im not necessary in love with FX instead of cfxā€¦ i focus on vRP and change the world around it.

CouchDB + essentials is gone, back to MsSQL , i choosed

MySQL Server 5.7.18
MySQL Workbench 6.3.9
MySQL Notifier 1.1.7

as standalone, development machine with default port 3306, set root passwd + db admin user, as service MySQL57. Iā€™ll stay with the original vRP so farā€¦ im not affraid of getting my hands dirty deep in SQL.

Now where i got lost last time in the workbench, should i create a MySQL Connections called vRP or most tables and stuff will auto-write-themselves. i thought it was one of those 3 answersā€¦

• I write the tables and everything inside manually.
  • The Framework auto feed the DB with Names and values Ć -la CouchDB
  • I import an SQL file.

Once again, thank you guys!

you just enter your mysql info into the cfg/base.lua and vrp will create everything for you, it could not be easier you dont need to know sql/mysql or get anything dirty at all :stuck_out_tongue:

thats some sweet freakinā€™ music to my earsā€¦ sometime EASY and FAST is good! I have dissasemble exe and coded in cobol but never touched SQL beforeā€¦ that is kind of funny and sad after all those yearsā€¦ as long as i can steal cars in GTA its all good :slight_smile:

you might need to right click and UNBLOCK (youl see it at the bottom after right click properties) the .dll file in the mysql folder depending on your Operating system

local Proxy = require("resources/vRP/lib/Proxy")
vRP = Proxy.getInterface("vRP")

local user_id = vRP.getUserId({source})

those first two lines need to be in the file somewhere if they already are then the last line should work for getting the userid for you and storing it in the variable user_id.

i have heard about that UNBLOCK checkbox before but never seen it on my OS (win10pro)ā€¦ btwā€¦ cfx-server is running on a windows 2016 server ā€¦ if that matter somehowā€¦

now everything seem to be in place ā€¦ i get

(466) Error creating script environment for resource vrp: unknown database ā€˜vrpā€™

Iā€™m glad that more and more people are enthusiasts about vRP, the FXServer branch is a work in progress, the only issue right now is to have a good MySQL sync to async transition, then it should be ok.

@TheModernMan Everything (or almost) is documented on the GitHub, permissions can check for aptitudes and for inventory items, they are called special permissions.

vRP only use MySQL (async or not), but maybe a modified version exists for other DB, and it requires an already created database, then tables will be created.

Unfortunately i found nothing about adding choices to static menu, can someone give me an example or a little advice ?

Nice work, but I saw that you have a vrp job that has fruits, drugs and gold. Why do not you boot up there? Nice work, congratulations.

After updating to newest update:

https://gyazo.com/3b87ca60a60802e09161bd93b55a7bc1

Anyone else got this problem before and know how to solve?

Did any of you guys succeded in adding NPC Cops script to VRPā€¦ ?

i want to edit static menu like ā€œmissionsā€ in vrp/cfg/gui . how can i add choices there?

Hey @Imagic just wanted to say thanks for this amazing resource!

Iā€™m still learning Lua but your documentation is really helpful. Plus you seem very friendly and willing to help which is something I want to contribute to!

So thanks :smile:

After the update I have such an error after I go to the marker of the house or garage.

After updating all the resources using the proxy api doesnt work. It loads fine and no debug errors, at all, but they just doesnt work. Anyone else had this problem? Something i should know, that changed or something?

I Have the same error!

can anyone give an example of using item_transformerā€™s callback options ?

Hi guysā€¦ its been a blast in vRP since yall helped me (thank you very much) with my SQL problem but i need to go back to FX for the cops script to work unless one of you wizard could locate the changes i could make on my side for NPC Cops to show up in my game. Its kinda asking for help while trying to not spam the thread with my own problem. Thx dudes!

Check
resources\vrp\nowanted.lua
try to dleete it or set ClearAreaOfCops radius at 0?