[Release] vRP Framework

You missed the ; before port.

r.connection = lib.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection("server="..host..";port="..port..";uid="..user..";pwd="..password..";database="..db..";")

I am now aware recent changes were made to fix this issue.

@Lamping1990 @Raid groups configā€¦ admin menuā€¦ why the hell are you telling people to modify the database for this

There is something that really bother me with the FiveM community, even if I donā€™t know if itā€™s about FiveM or gta scripting in general. Itā€™s like most people are trying to find the hardest way to do something, modifying the scripts instead of the config files, complaining on the scripts thread because itā€™s hard to setup a mysql server where it has nothing to do with the script, or trying to use things that doesnā€™t even exist in the script in the first place, resulting to a lot of issues.

Then, people ask for things that are already written in the documentation, like they are used to ignore documentations (itā€™s your best friend, why wasting your time private messaging someone when you can just READ something immediately).
Getting help is not about asking for things without searching, but seeking for a solution after some self research. Not reading documentation is a vicious circle that will make devā€™ not documenting what they add to their projects, making users forgetting that a documentation exists.

I like this thread, but Iā€™m worried that soon it will have more messages asking for help than people actually doing things. So please look at the README and the config files (all of them) before asking anything, and if something is missing or if you need more, say it here.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sorry if I have upset you, I have been coding for ages and honestly never saw the cfg.users.
However, if someone canā€™t edit a database maybe they shouldnā€™t be hosting a server. Just my 2 cents.

My second message is not directed to you, itā€™s a global feeling.

Of course you can edit the MySQL database, but there is a difference between what can be done and what should be done, to avoid mistakes.

where i can find documentation?

As I have changed the keybind to open the menu, how might I go about making it open and close by keypress and depress? effectively only leaving it open like the player list when you press and hold up arrow?

You could find which lua file controls the keybinds and use the playerlist as an example and edit that file with the keybinds so the menu only appears when the keybind is held down

I have to say that your meticulous documentation coupled with the constant updates has made the transition to vRP extremely smooth for beginners such as myself. The copious notes included with each update is greatly appreciated. I think the issue may be related to it being made too wellā€¦

Keep up the EXCELLENT WORK!

Why would the developer update a resource that uses itā€™s own MySQL stuff?

If the community doesnā€™t want to update to CouchDB they can use this resource to build a gamemode. Itā€™s just relearning how to access the proxy to build your resources, and understanding you need to just provide a mysql database and you have little configuration in regard to that. Just server config.

fcuk Couchdb lmao its sh!t

how do I stop the police NPCā€™s from attacking and responding and gaining wanted stars?

yup last update broke that for me aswell used to work fine now they attack anyone with wanted level. prolly should do a github bug report on it

I reckon the FiveM forums should have individual sub-sections/sub-forums for popular and heavily used resources so that individual topics can be made in that particular resourcesā€™ sub-forum to help better manage it for resource creators, much like in your case.

No.

Also, this resource uses so many things thatā€™d be incompatible with FXS - can @Imagic perhaps get in touch with us on the #canarium chat on Discord (email pr@fivem.net for access) to work out a porting strategy?

1 Like

Hello. Guys, can anyone help with the progressbar.js? I have little experience with this, but I very much hope that there will be sympathetic people who have gone through it. I want to add these two strips to the general block (

) and put for example a yellow one under the blue bar and place them on the right of the screen. I saw the configuration of the anchor in gui, but I do not know how to add my own so that you can edit it so. Also, I do not fully understand how you can separate the list of functions in the menu with stripes and add different icons to it in design.css.
Sorry for my English. And thank you in advance to everyone who wants to help. You can write me a private message if you want.
1 Like

Having the same issue, if someone has an awesome fix please post it

After last major update server got errors (sometimes):

2017-06-27 14:41:49.7112|ERROR|CitizenMP.Server|Error executing event handler for event playerConnecting in resource vrp: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2017-06-27 14:41:49.7115|ERROR|CitizenMP.Server| at [U] System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke(Object obj,BindingFlags invokeAttr,Binder binder,Object[] parameters,CultureInfo culture)
2017-06-27 14:41:49.7115|ERROR|CitizenMP.Server| at [U] System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj,Object[] parameters)
2017-06-27 14:41:49.7115|ERROR|CitizenMP.Server| at [U] System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
2017-06-27 14:41:49.7115|ERROR|CitizenMP.Server| at [U] System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
2017-06-27 14:41:49.7115|ERROR|CitizenMP.Server| at [U] System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke(Object[] args)
2017-06-27 14:41:49.7115|ERROR|CitizenMP.Server| at [U] CitizenMP.Server.Resources.ScriptEnvironment.TriggerEvent(String eventName,String argsSerialized,Int32 source)
2017-06-27 14:41:49.7115|ERROR|CitizenMP.Server|Inner exception: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Connection which must be closed first.

And many crashs without errors, with message for players ā€œServer timed out after 15 secondsā€. What is this?

@VGN thanks

@moscovium Why not, but I didnā€™t find anything except a little forum post about FXServer, even if I considerate myself as a bleeding edge guy I need some minimal documentation and a list of differences with CitizenMP server.

@Oskaria It happens sometimes, timeouts are for instanced players if I remember correctly, so a problem of client/server instability.

Iā€™m having an issue, when I boot up the server there is nothing. No blips on the map, etc. I donā€™t think I installed it correctly.

I made a small album for you to see. http://imgur.com/a/TsPkl

Did I miss a step? The installation section on your github is a little vague, and Iā€™m not the brightest bulb in the box as Iā€™m new to FiveM servers.

Edit: Here is my base.lua from the cfg directory http://imgur.com/a/p8qSL
Iā€™m using CouchDB. No database is created (tried with/without the port in the host) and when I manually create one nothing is stored in the database.