A simple plugin that provides a /help and /rules command, displaying a custom help and rules text
/help displays your custom defined help messages.
/rules displays your custom defined rules messages.
- Configure your own
- Configure your own
- Custom prefix for all messages.
- Style your messages to your liking (using the ^0-^9 color codes)
Update v2.0 changes
~ Fixed Linux compatibility issues
~ Re-coded from scratch to improve the following:
- Easier configuration (it’s now just 1 file that contains everything)
- No more specifying file paths or worrying about Windows vs Linux compatibility.
- No more server sided scripts, everything is handled on the client from now on.
- A lot less code which results in a little bit less stress on your server.
+ Added command suggestions to the chat (see screenshots)
- Cleaned up and removed old/messy code
Download the latest version from my GitHub page here.
Feedback / Bug reports
If you have feedback or you’ve found a bug, just yell at me below and I’ll try to get back to you a.s.a.p.
Planned future updates
- Change the messages to appear as notifications rather than in the chat, because the chat only accepts a certain number of messages before they are no longer visible. no longer needed because chat scrolling is now fixed. (use pageup/pagedown keys)
If you have a custom chat resource, the commands may not work correctly. In that case use the server console instead, or preferably switch back to the regular FiveM chat!
v1.2 info (OLD VERSION, UPGRADE TO V2.0 WHENEVER POSSIBLE)
- Download the latest version below.
- Put the vhelp folder in your resources.
- Add start vhelp to your server.cfg file.
- Go to the hp_server.lua file in your /resrouces/vhelp folder and change the settings at the top of the file to your liking. Make sure to change the filepaths to fit your own server’s configuration! This is very important, otherwise your messages will not show up. Also make sure to use double backslashes (\\) for all folders in the filepath (take a look at the default configuraton example).
- Go to the help.lua and rules.lua file and change the contents to your needs.
- Restart the server and enjoy.
vhelp v1.2.zip (1.4 KB)
+ Additions: A /rules command and rules.lua file have been added.
~ Changes: A bunch of cosmetic changes to the default messages.
vHelp v1.1.zip (1.4 KB)
~ Changed the way the prefix was rendered (the ’ : ’ after the prefix is now gone).
+ Added a line above the top most message to make the help text stand out more in a crowded chat.
vHelp v1.0.zip (1.4 KB)
+ Initial Release