[Release] vBasic v4.1 | Basic server settings/configuration

Are you sure you’re actually setting up the convars and starting vBasic?

1 Like

I’ve enabled the whitelist but it doesn’t appear to be working. I’m using v4.1

Does vBasic have to be high up on the start resources?

You need to set the convars and aces before starting vBasic.

Alright im not exactly following. Is the information on how to do it on your wiki? If so could you provide me a link good sir

yes it is, https://github.com/TomGrobbe/vBasic/wiki/Installation-(v4.0)#installation

Thanks again! My dumbass forgot to add the other line to the server.cfg lmao.

Not sure if it’s possible or if it’s already been recommended, but it would be really cool if there was a command to add whitelist entries while in-game.

There is, it’s the same command you add to the settings.cfg

So I assume it has to be done through rcon then, right?

Server console, rcon or if you give yourself permissions to use that command (command.add_ace) then you can also do it through the f8 console.

Ok great, thank you!

Great script, one question though, Whenever i change the welcome message is doesn’t actually change, full restart and cache clear done aswell, still nothing.

then you’re probably not setting the convars before starting vBasic.

Does this need to be added to the server.cfg?

set vBasic.welcomeMessage “Welcome ^1{player}^0 to my server. Please read the rules!”

uhm, if you follow the instructions correctly then no you don’t need to add this to the server.cfg. but optionally you can.

For some reason changing the options in the settings seems to make no difference for me. I’ve changed the value to disable a welcome message and also enabled the whitelist, however it still shows the message and lets me connect when my steam ID hasn’t been included on the whitelist.

Then you haven’t setup the convars correctly before starting the resource.
https://github.com/TomGrobbe/vBasic/wiki/Installation-(v4.0) check the wiki again for instructions.

I set everything literally after I downloaded it before I even put it in server, is that not the correct way?

Are you executing the settings.cfg file though? And are you doing it before starting the resource? send me your settings.cfg and server.cfg (you can pm me the files if you want, please upload them to hastebin.com or pastebin.com).

@Vespura is there a way to open this menu in game?