vBasic is a resource which gives the server owner a few useful settings to better configure a new server.
I will no longer be maintaining/supporting this resource. The GitHub repo has been archived. Fork it if you want to update it yourself.
Features (configurable using convars)
- Enable or disable PVP globally
- Disable wanted level globally
- Disable emergency services (no more ambulances responding to NPC corpses, etc.)
- Force enable god mode (even if players disable it using a trainer)
- Enable a whitelist. (Configurable whitelist kick message)
- Enable a custom welcome message (only visible to the player who joined or, if configured, will be broadcasted to everyone)
- Traffic density control (probably conflicts with ACL, if so turn this feature off!)
- Crowd density control (same as traffic control, probably conflicts with ACL)
- Unlimited stamina option (useful if you don’t have a trainer like Lambda Menu)
That’s all there is to it! (Remember, it’s very basic…)
v1.0 (uses a configuration file)
v2.0 (uses convars in your server.cfg)
v2.1 (hotfix, fixes god mode issues)
v2.2 (3 features added, check the github page for info)
v2.3 (fixed whitelist issue, check the github page for info)
v3.0.1 Changes (open spoiler below)
(v4.1 Latest version, open spoiler below)
Added features (user suggestions):
- Traffic density:
- Got a suggestion? Leave it below!
Ability to sync and set time/weather.
Made a separate release for that, click here.
- None… have a suggestion? leave it below!
If you’ve configured your server to use
sv_endpointprivacy true, entering your IP as a whitelist entry may not work.
Solved in v3.0.1
Ghosting bug showing “ghost” cars when setting traffic density < 1.0 in vBasic v3.0.1.
Fixed in v4.0