vBasic is a resource which gives the server owner a few useful settings to better configure a new server.
Features (configurable using convars)
- Enable or disable PVP globally
- Disable wanted level globally
- Disable emergency services (no more ambulances responding to NPC corpses, etc.)
- Force enable god mode (even if players disable it using a trainer)
- Enable a whitelist. (Configurable whitelist kick message)
- Enable a custom welcome message (only visible to the player who joined or, if configured, will be broadcasted to everyone)
- Traffic density control (probably conflicts with ACL, if so turn this feature off!)
- Crowd density control (same as traffic control, probably conflicts with ACL)
- Unlimited stamina option (useful if you don’t have a trainer like Lambda Menu)
That’s all there is to it! (Remember, it’s very basic…)
To install simply download the zip by punching here and put the vBasic folder inside your resources folder.
Installation/configuration instructions can be found here: https://github.com/TomGrobbe/vBasic/wiki
v1.0 (uses a configuration file)
v2.0 (uses convars in your server.cfg)
v2.1 (hotfix, fixes god mode issues)
v2.2 (3 features added, check the github page for info)
v2.3 (fixed whitelist issue, check the github page for info)
v3.0.1 Open the spoiler below for more info.
Added features (user suggestions):
- Ability to sync and set time/weather. Made a separate release for that, click here.
- None… have a suggestion? leave it below!
If you’ve configured your server to use Solved in v3.0.1
sv_endpointprivacy true, entering your IP as a whitelist entry may not work.