vBasic is a resource which gives the server owner a few useful settings to better configure a new server.
Features (All features can be configured in the
vBasic_settings.lua file v1.0 only! V2.0+ uses convars!)
- Enable or disable PVP globally
- Disable wanted level globally
- Disable emergency services (no more ambulances responding to NPC corpses, etc.)
- Force enable god mode (even if players disable it using a trainer)
- Enable a whitelist. (Configurable whitelist kick message)
- Enable a custom welcome message (only visible to the player who joined or, if configured, will be broadcasted to everyone)
- Traffic density control (probably conflicts with ACL, if so turn this feature off!)
- Crowd density control (same as traffic control, probably conflicts with ACL)
- Unlimited stamina option (useful if you don’t have a trainer like Lambda Menu)
That’s all there is to it! (Remember, it’s very basic…)
v2.0+ uses convars, check the download link for info.
To install simply download the zip by punching here and put the vBasic folder inside your resources folder. Check the
default-convars.txt file for info on how to use the convars.
v1.0 (uses a configuration file)
v2.0 (uses convars in your server.cfg)
v2.1 (hotfix, fixes god mode issues)
v2.2 (3 features added, check the github page for info)
Added features (user suggestions):
Ability to sync and set time/weather.
None… have a suggestion? leave it below!