[Release] vBasic v4.1 | Basic server settings/configuration

vBasic v4.1

vBasic is a resource which gives the server owner a few useful settings to better configure a new server.

Update 17-12-2018

I will no longer be maintaining/supporting this resource. The GitHub repo has been archived. Fork it if you want to update it yourself.

Features (configurable using convars)

• Enable or disable PVP globally
  • Disable wanted level globally
  • Disable emergency services (no more ambulances responding to NPC corpses, etc.)
  • Force enable god mode (even if players disable it using a trainer)
  • Enable a whitelist. (Configurable whitelist kick message)
  • Enable a custom welcome message (only visible to the player who joined or, if configured, will be broadcasted to everyone)
  • Traffic density control (probably conflicts with ACL, if so turn this feature off!)
  • Crowd density control (same as traffic control, probably conflicts with ACL)
  • Unlimited stamina option (useful if you don’t have a trainer like Lambda Menu)

That’s all there is to it! (Remember, it’s very basic…)

Download

To install simply download the zip by punching here and put the vBasic folder inside your resources folder.
Installation/configuration instructions can be found here.

Changelog:

v1.0 (uses a configuration file)
v2.0 (uses convars in your server.cfg)
v2.1 (hotfix, fixes god mode issues)
v2.2 (3 features added, check the github page for info)
v2.3 (fixed whitelist issue, check the github page for info)
v3.0.1 Changes (open spoiler below)

v3.0.1 Changes

(v4.1 Latest version, open spoiler below)

v4.1 changes

Added features (user suggestions):

• :white_check_mark: Traffic density:
  • Got a suggestion? Leave it below!

Planned features:

• Ability to sync and set time/weather.
    :white_check_mark: Made a separate release for that, click here.
  • None… have a suggestion? leave it below!

Known Issues:

• If you’ve configured your server to use sv_endpointprivacy true, entering your IP as a whitelist entry may not work.
    :white_check_mark: Solved in v3.0.1
  • Ghosting bug showing “ghost” cars when setting traffic density < 1.0 in vBasic v3.0.1.
    :white_check_mark: Fixed in v4.0
33 Likes

what’s with all these resources with separate config files and not just using convars to put in server.cfg and passing an event on initial client load if they need stuff on clients

1 Like

Fair enough, completely forgot about the convars :man_facepalming: I’ll change that in the next version :wink:

2 Likes

It would be cool if you could add a ai control feature. Where you can control the ai as in fully disable and not sure if this is possible but out less traffic

1 Like

Just released the convars update. (v2.0)

Will try to add that in the next version, shouldn’t be that hard but I don’t have time for that a.t.m.

1 Like

I tried that and all it did was put a hole in my monitor :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Little buggy. It broke the damage system basically. I couldnt kill anyone with any pistols, it was weird. I put it on my test server and it did the same with no other resources, still did the same.

I’ll double check the pvp settings when I have time.

1 Like

Also after respawning with my death script on you couldnt use weapon wheel and getting in cars you can do everything but move and turn the wheel. With it off you just dont respawn. Pretty clueless on what could be happening.

Any chance you could send me that death script? Maybe I can see what’s conflicting.

2 Likes

This Delete me 3

I just noticed a bug with my script, god mode isn’t actually turned on in v2.0, I’ll upload a fix soon.

1 Like

Really good:D Thanks for the release

Adding to @vizzra, Maybe set out a crowd feature?

v2.1 (Hotfix) is now released, fixing a typo which caused god mode to not be enabled, causing some glitchyness.

@vizzra about the conflicting script: This is most likely caused because my script also re-sets the player health to 200 each time it drops below 200. This is because when switching to some NPC ped’s, the player health actually drops below 200 even with god mode enabled. There’s nothing I can do about it to make this compatible with your death script I’m afraid (unless I stop healing the player, which I’m not planning on doing. You can disable it yourself if you’d like though.)

1 Like

If you’re after traffic and crowd control this script has it. :+1:

Was just about to mention that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ll still add it to my script though in case people don’t want to use ACL for some reason. However it will probably conflict with ACL!

2 Likes

Hahahha bet you to it bro :stuck_out_tongue: Hopefully it dosen’t :wink:

v2.2 is now available. Check the link for a change log.

2 Likes

Awesome new version, u still open to more suggestions? :smiley:

1 Like