A simple script that sends one of the (unlimited) configurable messages to the player, every x minutes.
- Unlimited configurable messages.
- Configurable delay between messages.
- Ingore list to disable the automessages for certain people.
- /automessage command that toggles automessages on/off.
- Prefix and suffix options.
- Put the vannouncer folder from the download in your resources folder.
- Add "
start vannouncer " to your server.cfg file.
- Open the va_client.lua file and configure the options at the top of the file.
- Restart your server!
Messages in chat
v2.1 (Hotfix 09-10-2017)
Fixes ignore list not working as intended.
Completely re-coded from scratch, which improved performance and made it more reliable.
For a complete list of changes, visit the download link.
(Hopefully) fixed a bug where on first join the player’s server identifier would not be passed on correctly, resulting in an error message in the server log. This also prevented the ignore list from functioning until the player died/respawned.
I’m not 100% sure that the issue is fixed completely, if you still experience issues please let me know and I’ll keep trying to fix it asap.
+ Added an ignore list. You can now add player identifiers (steam, ip, license, etc) to an ignore list which disables automessages for those players.
+ Added /automessage command to toggle automessages on or off.
+ Added prefix option.
+ Added suffix option.
~ Changed the default config messages to show the prefix and suffix options.
~ Updated screenshots in this topic to match the newest version.
- Ignore list (player identifiers on this list will not receive the auto messages). Added in v1.2
- Any other suggestions? Leave them below.
If you have a custom chat resource, the commands may not work correctly. In that case use the server console instead, or preferably switch back to the regular FiveM chat!