[Release] TruckerJob

was just going to say the same thing…

1 Like

v.02

Now it’s working!

• I refactored 90% of the code
  • less hardcoded stuff
  • more flexibility in creating the menu and missions
  • if have arrived the destination, you can detach the trailer and gain money (mission complete)

Money is not working. It depends on your own money script. You need to add it.

@Kbhaze please try it out now.

Hello @schneehaze lot of thanks for the work you made…
I testing just now but some problem again sorry… But I have truck modded and essential game mod, maybe is for that.!?
What work?

1 - the plips is here
2 - the N + work and I have the menu
3 - I take truck Ron , long …
4 - I take me trailler
5 - I havent GPS for go to the mission .

Fix problem the start menu have wrong because the GPS not work befort and after go to job …
I have test in essential gamemod and next to essential but is same…

My scrips is ;

- essentialmode
- handsup
- siren
- mods stream
- vehshop
- lscustoms
- meta
- ivpack
- addon
- es_admin
- loadingscreen
- TruckerJob

Thanks for your help and your great job

I just test without any scripts and is same :sweat:

1 Like

Do you have any errors shown up when hitting F8 ?

1 Like

I check and lets you know !

This is terrible coding… you like, you have

local Truck = {"HAULER", "PACKER", "PHANTOM"} local Trainer = {"TANKER", "TRAILERS", "TRAILERS2", "TRAILERLOGS"}

But you’re using only the first index of both, like, why?

People shouldn’t use this, it would be easier starting from scratch.

which code do you mean, mine?
How should I pick every truck and every possible trailer?

The code cody196 postet, is terrible, yes. there is no any possibility to get a random Truck and choose other trailers than the “tanker”. This is horrible, yes. That’s why I changed it in my version haha

always the latest version: https://github.com/schneehaze/Fivem_TruckerJob
but make sure, you have added “MissionText” or this code on top of TruckerJob.lua
RegisterNetEvent("BASE:missiontext") AddEventHandler("BASE:missiontext", function(text, time) ClearPrints() SetTextEntry_2("STRING") AddTextComponentString(text) DrawSubtitleTimed(time, 1) end)

@schneehaze SO how do I start the mission? I put yours in and I see 1 Garbage Truck icon

get there and press NUMPAD +

145: if(IsControlPressed(1, Keys["N+"]) and GUI.showMenu == false) then

Or change the key in any other key that you can see in the array “keys” on top of the file.

If you have downloaded the latest version (v0.21), make sure you also have “MissonText” activated. Otherwise it will cause an error, because something is missing

@schneehaze When I start a mission, the NumerPad doesn’t cycle the menu but my controller does. When I selected a Truck, Loadout and mission, everything spawns but there’s no destination blip or waypoint. In fact, I can’t even place waypoints to teleport anymore…(before I even start a mission so I have to NoClip fly there…)

there should be an error, when u press F8. please tell.
what about the trailerBlip? Can you see a blip, that marks the trailer itself? (orange)

Ill check my F8 screen but usually it’s spammed by my Siren script syncing so thats all I can see. But there was nothing on my map besides 1400+ garbage truck icons (all int he same spot I guess) and a couple FiveR blips. No orange one.

1 Like

lol, I am creating the truck icon every frame :joy: I will fix this out when I got your error dump.
Thanks

Okay so I’m not sure why my Waypoint blip can’t be placed but I got it working. I still don’t see an Orange icon for my truck but now I see a Green dot for the mission. It’s probably conflicting with my other scripts that disabled the map and whatnot…

@schneehaze Nevermind it’s not working. I had a green dot once, but now it’s gone and trying to start a new mission doesn’t make any appear. All my F8 screen says something about Siren payload

try to deactivate any script and try again. Otherwise it’s strange… and clear your console from your sirenes :smiley: maybe u can see the error then.

I disabled the scripts that could have been conflicting. Since I added the Trucking Job, I can’t use Waypoints and still don’t see any orange icon for the truck or destinations.

All it says is:
“event BASE: missiontext with payload size 57”

wait… BASE? I guess we’ve found it.
please update the MissionText script
and the TruckerJob script.
Everything on Github:
MissionText: https://github.com/schneehaze/fivem_missiontext
TruckerJob: https://github.com/schneehaze/Fivem_TruckerJob

As you can see: works for me.

I hope, this time it works, lol

Does this script add the money earned with trucking to the essentialmode database?