[Release] TokoVOIP: a TeamSpeak based voip system

Would a discord version be possible?

1 Like

I don’t believe that’s possible.

@UrBigHomiesDad make sure TSChannel is the exact name of the channel on teamspeak

@Sorry Can’t do it with discord, they don’t have a client API like TeamSpeak

A question, can you explain how the command

addPlayerToRadio

and the others work?

And how its used.

1 Like

It’s the only thing I’m moderately confused about, will I need to implement a law enforcement based command that will add the users to a channel based upon this? It wouldn’t be difficult to do, I was just curious about whether or not this is pre-handled by the script.

I’ve not been able to get this setup to where players actually get placed in the correct channels. Is there any further instructions you can give?

Yes, my s_config.lua channels match teamspeak exactly.

Proximity voice great, but Radio is not working, not even showing on screen or anything… How do you set it up?

Yes the TSChanel has the same nane like the channel on Ts. But it didnt work.

Hey @Itokoyamato,

thank you for your very nice script and share!
Everything works fine, except after communicating over the radio.

When once talked to the radio, the voiceactivation for normal speaking (“voip:talking”) seems to be disabled? It only works again if you change the microphone-send-mode in TeamSpeak.

Does anybody know the problem and maybe a solution for it?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

@DanielGaming Just making sure, are you talking about the voice activation mode of teamspeak ? If so then I can’t do much about it, you’ll have to use push to talk on teamspeak. The radio system forces your mic to open, then closes it. I guess this breaks TS’s voice activation system. I don’t have a solution for it right now

1 Like

Heyo @Itokoyamato,

thank you for your answer.
Yes, thats what I meant. So all radio-chatters will have to use Push-To-Talk in order to talk to the radio and then to normal people again.

Anyway, thanks for the nice script!

1 Like

What can I do when I use the gcphone because it doesnt work with ts voice?

@UrBigHomiesDad You’ll have to implement it into gcphone yourself, I can’t help you with that

@Asbonia @WilcoChico > It’s not commands, its API functions, you have to implement your own commands and conditions that use those functions
@NortheastRolePlay > That’s it indeed, i did not want to pre-handle because usually, you have to make conditions and checks about whether a player is allowed to join police radio, etc, so you will have to make your own commands that call upon the addPlayerToRadio function

@Sentinel556 @UrBigHomiesDad Well I’m not sure what’s wrong, are you guys sure you’re joining the right channels once you’re in-game ? You can contact me on discord @Itokoyamato#9140 if you keep having issues, so we can see what’s wrong more in details

Nice release, but maybe it’s time to stop trying to use ARMA-way with external soft when there’s CEF and WebRTC?

2 Likes

Epic release! So glad you made it public! Thank you dude! :heart:

I do have a question though, is it possible to link the FamilyRP style voice markers to recognise the different voice input? (I know it’s not strictly a ■■■■■■■■ question but I’ve played on Revo and they’ve managed it so thought you might have an idea :wink:)

1 Like

@Disquse I completely agree, i made this 2 years ago when i didnt know about webrtc, its also the reason i havent improved it much more afterwards, i just never got to do webrtc myself. This is just one alternative :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been wanting to do a webrtc version for over a year, but i’ve been lazy about it. Maybe this year? lol

@PapaHedge Glad you like it.
Yes you can get the current voip mode using the exported function getPlayerData with the data key voip:mode.
I believe it goes something like that, it returns 1 or 0:

getPlayerData(GetPlayerName(playerId), "voip:talking")

You can find more data keys in the src/c_main.lua, there’s also a debug mode in there which shows how to access most of those

1 Like

I’ll give it a go, thanks buddy :slight_smile:

@Itokoyamato I’ve hit a brick wall :laughing: Am I ok to ping you a message on Discord so you can maybe point me in the right direction?

What do I must to implement ?