[Release] TokoVOIP: a TeamSpeak based voip system

TokoVOIP

TokoVOIP is a client-sided TeamSpeak plugin and script that adds an alternative voice chat to FiveM.

It provides better quality audio, as well as much more control.

Here’s a short list of things it does:

• Proximity-based audio
  • Directional audio
  • Radio system
  • Phone calls
  • Radio effects
  • Radio clicks

It overall works like TFAR from Arma 3. You join a waiting TS channel and once you’re in-game and the script is running: your TS name gets changed, it moves you to the configured game channel and proceeds to handle the other player’s audio.

The only downside is the need for a third party software with TeamSpeak.
It supports however many players you want so it works with OneSync.

I just felt like open sourcing it now, so enjoy!

The code’s not great, API even less so, but it works and I never took the time to redo it since the early prototypes.

I’m open to pull requests, have fun forking it!

You can read more about it, and how it works on the GitHub repo.

If you like it, give it a star, it’s always appreciated. :slight_smile:

Check the readme on github for instructions on how to use it.

There is currently no interface to join the radio / phone calls, you will have to make your own script and commands that call the function addPlayerToRadio and removePlayerFromRadio

Download: https://github.com/Itokoyamato/TokoVOIP_TS3/releases

Project page: https://github.com/Itokoyamato/TokoVOIP_TS3

Credit:
The plugin bundles RadioFX by Thorwe, which allows players to control the radio effects to a great extent.

License, dependencies, and sources are available on the GitHub repo.

98 Likes

Been following this for so long, thanks a lot for releasing this :slight_smile:

Loved task force radio form arma 3. nice to see this coming to fivem, just wondering is it directional?

4 Likes

@Syntage

I’ve added about it in the post:

Directional audio is available on the master branch, it’s simple and based on the way you face speakers. Meaning you’ll hear people more in one ear than the other if they’re on your sides. It hasn’t been tested yet, a github release will be made once that happens.

2 Likes

Anyone know how to set up the radios for police, ems etc

Looked at the wiki/readmes but not a lot in there.

Any help appreciated.

@HarryCatraz

Doc for the script is here
You can make the channels in the s_config.lua file, and then you can use the addPlayerToRadio function to add players to a channel

1 Like

I have edit the c.config. In there I changed the ts ip and the channel to our. But when I join the ■■■■■■■■ notification come that I am in the wrong ts3 channel! Please help me.

Would a discord version be possible?

1 Like

I don’t believe that’s possible.

@UrBigHomiesDad make sure TSChannel is the exact name of the channel on teamspeak

@Sorry Can’t do it with discord, they don’t have a client API like TeamSpeak

A question, can you explain how the command

addPlayerToRadio

and the others work?

And how its used.

1 Like

It’s the only thing I’m moderately confused about, will I need to implement a law enforcement based command that will add the users to a channel based upon this? It wouldn’t be difficult to do, I was just curious about whether or not this is pre-handled by the script.

I’ve not been able to get this setup to where players actually get placed in the correct channels. Is there any further instructions you can give?

Yes, my s_config.lua channels match teamspeak exactly.

Proximity voice great, but Radio is not working, not even showing on screen or anything… How do you set it up?

Yes the TSChanel has the same nane like the channel on Ts. But it didnt work.

Hey @Itokoyamato,

thank you for your very nice script and share!
Everything works fine, except after communicating over the radio.

When once talked to the radio, the voiceactivation for normal speaking (“voip:talking”) seems to be disabled? It only works again if you change the microphone-send-mode in TeamSpeak.

Does anybody know the problem and maybe a solution for it?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

@DanielGaming Just making sure, are you talking about the voice activation mode of teamspeak ? If so then I can’t do much about it, you’ll have to use push to talk on teamspeak. The radio system forces your mic to open, then closes it. I guess this breaks TS’s voice activation system. I don’t have a solution for it right now

1 Like

Heyo @Itokoyamato,

thank you for your answer.
Yes, thats what I meant. So all radio-chatters will have to use Push-To-Talk in order to talk to the radio and then to normal people again.

Anyway, thanks for the nice script!

1 Like

What can I do when I use the gcphone because it doesnt work with ts voice?

@UrBigHomiesDad You’ll have to implement it into gcphone yourself, I can’t help you with that