[Release] Sunday Driver

Sunday Driver v0.1

This is a mod for FiveM / GTA V that aims to make driving much more pleasant, especially if you want a realistic driving style. Mostly aimed at controller users, but some features also work with keyboard.

Important:
This script is the standalone version of the same feature within my Realistic Vehicle Failure script.
Since both scripts manipulate some of the same handling values, they would conflict.
In other words:
If you only want Sunday driver, this is for you.
If you want Sunday Driver AND Realistic Vehicle Failure, just use Realistic Vehicle Failure, and enable the Sunday driver feature there, don’t install this script too.

Features:

Smooth Driving

• Smooth acceleration by manipulating engine torque relative to throttle position. (No effect for keyboards)
  • Smooth braking by manipulating brake force relative to brake pedal position / trigger position. (No effect for keyboards)
  • Remapped throttle response curve makes it much easier to maintain a steady speed, especially at lower speeds, like driving in the city at speed limits.
  • Brake holder feature prevents vehicle from switching direction after braking.
  • When at a standstill and keeping the brake depressed, the brake lights are on. Turns off as soon as you let go of the brake pedal.
  • Reversing lights no longer flashes briefly when coming to a complete stop.
  • When at a standstill while holding the brake, you can creep slowly forward by pressing the accelerator a little.

Configuration

Multiple settings in config.lua.
Each option is explained in the file.

Download

https://github.com/iEns/SundayDriver

Installation on FiveM Server

If you run a FiveM server, you know what to do… but these are the basic instructions, in case you forgot:

• Copy the .lua files to a new folder in your Resources folder
  • Add a line to your config: start [foldername]
  • Restart server or
  • Refresh + start [foldername]

Where [foldername] is the folder in Resources where the two .lua files are located.

11 Likes

moved to: #development:releases :mascot:

Cheers for this! I’ve been testing this on my dev server for a few days now and love that people can’t slam straight into reverse anymore, highly recommend.

1 Like

Awesome release, will help a lot to add to the realism

Where can I get my Hands on this script, is there a link?