This mod will add a slick UI on the bottom of your players display showing them various information about their location on their HUD. This mod shows them the name of the street they’re currently on, the name of the street(s) around them and the name of the town/village/city that they’re in. This script currently is not customizable as I do not see what users will need to customize from this script but may be in the future if necessary.
This script was based off @Kanersps"Basic UI mod" and modified / reworked to make this what it is. If you couldn’t tell this script was inspired by @Lt.Caine’s (https://www.gta5-mods.com/users/LtCaine) most popular client side mod known as “Player Location Display”. I made this server side mod as I am aware that the Player Location Display mod was installed via a clients FiveM folder instead of being on the server for everyone to see and really liked the slick look so I re created it and this is what I got. This is my very first script so please bare with me and thank you for downloading!
- The left side of the mod will display the direction the player(s) are facing.
- The top line will display the name of the street the player is currently on.
- The bottom line will show the name of the street around the player as well as the name of the city/town.
- If no street is currently around the player it will only display the name of the city/town they are in.
github project: https://github.com/lowheartrate/streetLabel
Simply download as zip from the github project and follow the installation instructions.
This is a very simple mod to download to your server and I have no doubt that you will have no issue installing this properly on your server as long as you follow the instructions as follows:
- Stop your server.
- Drag the streetLabel folder into your /resources/ directory.
- Put “start streetLabel” into your server.cfg file
- Restart your server.
Nearly all changes made to the script are outlined in the changeLog.md located on the GitHub project. It is highly recommended you read through this so you understand what new additions/changes have been made!