What does this resource do?
This is a very simple scoreboard/player list for your server. This will also display a player’s steam avatar next to their name and server ID (if they are using steam). As players join, their avatars are automatically obtained and showed on the list.
The names are duplicated in the screenshot for purposes of displaying the list. The resource does not actually do that.
How do I use it?
Once running on your server, hold the Phone Up control (default is up arrow) to display the list. While the list is open, you can press the Phone Right control (default right arrow) to scroll down and Phone Left control (default left arrow) to scroll up. These controls are currently hard coded in, and will come with a configuration file later on for modification.
I dont like the keys you used
As of version 0.2, server owners are able to modify what controls are used. Open the
BrigSteamScoreBoardConfig.xml with any text editor and edit the number values to choose what control is used.
Make sure the number you put in is a proper control. You can find the controls here: https://wiki.fivem.net/wiki/Controls. When editing controls, keep in mind the “open” key has to be held down in-game for the player list to show. Don’t make your users have to play twister with their fingers.
I don’t like the way it looks
That’s ok. The HTML portion of this is fully editable (if you know how). As long as you concatenate the proper variables, the information will still be displayed. More information on how to modify visuals will come later on.
0.1 - 30/DEC/2017
- Fixed server crashing issue when players join.
- Modified visuals a little bit. (Changes the way server ID shows, made custom scrollbar)
- Added the ability to scroll when the amount of players grows.
- Added automatic version checking. Will display in server log if up to date or not on initialization.
0.2 - 31/DEC/2017
- Added the ability to change controls via .xml file, which is now included.
0.3 - 07/JAN/2018
- Added player count at top (see new screenshot) ( @Crispy’s idea )
- Big redesign to show all players, instead of long scrolling list (see new screenshot) ( @Crispy’s idea… plus it seems better this way )
- Added ability to show steam ID (at request of @Hugo_Custodio ) See how
0.4 - 07/JAN/2018
- Fixed bug with player count not removing disconnected players ( Thank you @Crispy for finding )