[Release] Steam Avatar Scoreboard [0.4]

What does this resource do?

This is a very simple scoreboard/player list for your server. This will also display a player’s steam avatar next to their name and server ID (if they are using steam). As players join, their avatars are automatically obtained and showed on the list.

The names are duplicated in the screenshot for purposes of displaying the list. The resource does not actually do that.

How do I use it?

Once running on your server, hold the Phone Up control (default is up arrow) to display the list. While the list is open, you can press the Phone Right control (default right arrow) to scroll down and Phone Left control (default left arrow) to scroll up. These controls are currently hard coded in, and will come with a configuration file later on for modification.

I dont like the keys you used :disappointed_relieved:

As of version 0.2, server owners are able to modify what controls are used. Open the BrigSteamScoreBoardConfig.xml with any text editor and edit the number values to choose what control is used.

Make sure the number you put in is a proper control. You can find the controls here: https://wiki.fivem.net/wiki/Controls. When editing controls, keep in mind the “open” key has to be held down in-game for the player list to show. Don’t make your users have to play twister with their fingers. :wink:

I don’t like the way it looks :face_vomiting:

That’s ok. The HTML portion of this is fully editable (if you know how). As long as you concatenate the proper variables, the information will still be displayed. More information on how to modify visuals will come later on.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mjm9db2bxln5hs7/BrigSteamScoreBoard.rar

Changelog:

0.1 - 30/DEC/2017

• Fixed server crashing issue when players join.
  • Modified visuals a little bit. (Changes the way server ID shows, made custom scrollbar)
  • Added the ability to scroll when the amount of players grows.
  • Added automatic version checking. Will display in server log if up to date or not on initialization.

0.2 - 31/DEC/2017

• Added the ability to change controls via .xml file, which is now included.

0.3 - 07/JAN/2018

• Added player count at top (see new screenshot) ( @TerbSEC’s idea )
  • Big redesign to show all players, instead of long scrolling list (see new screenshot) ( @TerbSEC’s idea… plus it seems better this way )
  • Added ability to show steam ID (at request of @All_Sor ) See how

0.4 - 07/JAN/2018

• Fixed bug with player count not removing disconnected players ( Thank you @TerbSEC for finding )

Virus scans:

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/0cdb14e1a24385ee8003c70b1e7fd4ccf391ec87c6452c7228d3ff4c1b2b346a

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/277ca5b8678288dd2e0de79f73bc5f540d81175ffa8786fc0dd6bb48afd32fea

21 Likes

I was not hurt in the making of this screenshot

6 Likes

Looks cool - I’ll give it a go when I get home!

Happy Birthday!!! :birthday:

(Great Resource BTW. :wink:)

2 Likes

huh, is this using GetPlayerSummaries from the web API, or how does this work? in case of ?xml=1 stuff, that’s somewhat rate-limited, though just fetching on join for a single server shouldn’t hit the rate limit

Currently using ?xml=1. I’ll swap it over to the web API since, yeah, that is rate limited. Just looked it up, and they intend on depreciating the ?xml method soon™ anyway.

Just looked into the web API, and it looks like that is limited in a couple ways as well. I’ll have to look more into it. It may not be feasible to have this running with a single API key. Possibly a config option for servers to enter their own API key would solve that.

awesome resource but I can’t scroll the list, but only see the first 12 users. How can I fix it? Or i missed a command?

Are you planing on releasing the source code?

Would love to use it but I’d rather take a look at the code before.

why do i get this for

It’s mono related, not sure but might be incompatible versions with your server, perhaps the OS you’re using.
Give some more info on what you’re running to diagnose possible issues.

I get the same errors as above on my windows 2012 vps

whats the button to open the scoreboard

Not at this time. Possible in the future.

Oh shoot. I didn’t even think about scrolling. :open_mouth: As you see, I only tested with a few people, so I didn’t come across it. I will work on something for it when I get home later today. Sorry!!!

I’ll see if I can take a look at it when I get home and try it on my VPS. Has anybody been in the server at all prior, or was this on the first join?

Hold up arrow… or whatever the Phone up key is for you (if changed).

For me it was on the first join, and I get that Mono error too.

I also get the same issue on my VPS. I have narrowed the issue down to the very first TriggerClientEvent, which sends the joining player’s information to everybody else. I get this before the actual pop-up error, too: InvokeNative: execution failed: No current resource manager..

I’m not entirely sure why this is happening, but I’m still looking into it.

@xONGames I’ve added the ability to scroll now.

@metarforr @RIB @Original I have fixed the crashing issue.

Update in main post!

2 Likes

Hello, ty for your release. Is that possible to hide others players steam names except me ? (i just need the steam ID player and not the name). Ty for your answer.
I want to use the steam id to give money from a bank player to another and i dont need the name. Your scoreboard looks pretty nice

I could setup a way for that to be done, yes. There isn’t going to be a way for you to copy/paste the steam ID right from this though. You’d have to look at it and type it in to whatever you are using.

Update 0.2 has been uploaded. This allows you to edit the keys via the .xml config file included in the new download.

getting this error

**************      ERROR      ***************
[BrigSteamScoreBoard] The BrigSteamScoreBoardConfig.xml file was unable to be found. The resource is unable to be started. Did you rename the resource folder? Did you break the tags inside the .xml file?

*DIDNT change the name of the folder