[Release] Slash Tires

Hello, I created this script so players have the ability to actually slash peoples tires with the melee weapons (Knife, Machete, Switchblade, and a few others)

Preview Thanks to @godgutten

How To Use?

1. Pull out a weapon that is allowed to slash tires in the script (ALL SHARP MELEE WEAPONS)
  2. Walk up to the tire.
  3. Press E.

How To Install?

1. Download https://github.com/xander1998/slashtires
  2. Take the resource file and drop it into your resources folder.
  3. Add start [resource name] in the server.cfg
28 Likes

Still not using native help text stuff, me saddo :frowning:

1 Like

would be cool to have a video.

I really should. :smile: Don’t be saddo

I love you’re releases, some of them are small details like the police shield & the saw script but together they make the game more immersive, and overall just fun to play.

Keep it up! I’ll gladly test it for you btw :slight_smile:

I don’t really make videos… BUT it does animate and stuff.

Awesome. I really appreciate it :smiley:

Just tested it with a buddy, can’t seem to slash his tires while he is a vehicle, but I can slash peds tires.

I can also slash the tires of a rhino tank xD

XD. Didn’t even know tires were on the rhino tank LOL

Can you slash his tires after he leaves the vehicle?

Yes, I can slash the tires if he leaves the vehicle :slight_smile:

Alright. I am gonna see if I can fix this. One second.

Probably because your client isnt the owner of the vehicle, make sure you attempt to get ownership of the vehicle and that should possibly fix it.

I was just gonna get the driver of the vehicle and trigger a server event to trigger a client event on the driver to explode the tire?

Unnecessarily complex. Couldn’t you just use the GET_CLOSEST_VEHICLE native, and set that is the targeted vehicle?

Wut? It’s just using a native to request ownership? (I’m pretty sure)

GetClosestVehicle does not return all types of vehicles.

Also I wan’t the player somewhat facing the vehicle to get the option which is why I used a raycast.

1 Like

You can request ownership but I have never had it keep the ownership so by the time the explode tire is called the driver is the owner again.

Its not IMPOSSIBLE but I have had issues in the past with that.

I believe I have fixed the ownership issue for now. Let me know if you guys find any more issues.

Thank you @Jxcob for helping me.

1 Like

also had an issue with GetClosestVehicle so your method is better