[Release] Simple Vehicle Control Script

Here is a simple script which allows you to control certain aspects of your vehicle through chat commands…

Features:

• /trunk: Opens and closes the trunk.
  • /hood: Opens and closes the hood.
  • /rdoors: Opens and closes the two rear doors. (Mostly for use in vans)
  • /engine <on/off>: Switches the vehicle engine on and off.
  • /lock: Locks and unlocks vehicle doors.
  • /save: Selects the current vehicle.
  • /sveh: Toggles “control saved vehicle only” mode. (Read changelog for more info)

Planned Features

• spotlight for police vehicles (90% finished)

Screenshots

Changelog
  • v0.1 Initial Release
    /trunk, /hood, /rdoors, /engine, /lock.
  • v0.2
    Fixed /engine not working with some other scripts.
    Added /save allows you to save the vehicle you are currently in.
    Added /sveh allows you to control your saved vehicle even after you’ve already entered a different one. (Useful for when you don’t want to mess around with other vehicles)
    Tweaked /lock you can now only lock your saved vehicle.
    Tweaked everything you now have to be within a certain radius of your vehicle to interact with it. (Configurable in client.lua. Default 3.5)
    Commands now show the saved vehicle’s name/model.
  • v0.3
    Fixed /engine not working properly for some people.
    You can now simply type in /engine to toggle the engine. (no need to put on/off at the end of the command)
    Added beep sounds and hazards flash for when you lock your car.

Join our discord server!

[PREVIEW] Manlet's M-Menu [Looking for feedback/suggestions]
Looking for script for vehicle control
Trunk script
Looking for a /LOCK script
Car Trunk Script for ESX?
Player Vehicles Randomly Despawning

Simple yet cool release!

Handy! Will save time instead of using a menu to do these. Thanks!

Moved to Releases for you.

(20 Characters)

Wow. Truly an simple, yet elegant script. Awesome screenshots also. :wink:

P.S. Next time you release a script, make sure it is posted in the #development:releases tab, since it will popup in the discord channel #Releases. Which will notify people of your script. Which I presume in the future will be just as awesome. :smiley:

Player Vehicles Randomly Despawning

Great Script. Love it.

I would if I could! But we don’t have the permissions to do that yet… Thanks @J.Manlet for moving it! :wink:

Just stay active on the forums, I personally check it once or twice a day to just see what goin on so I can stay up to date

Well done, thank you.

v0.2 Update

• Fixed /engine not working with some other scripts.
  • Added /save allows you to save the vehicle you are currently in.
  • Added /sveh allows you to control your saved vehicle even after you’ve already entered >a different one. (Useful for when you don’t want to mess around with other vehicles)
  • Tweaked /lock you can now only lock your saved vehicle.
  • Tweaked everything you now have to be within a certain radius of your vehicle to interact with it. (Configurable in client.lua. Default 3.5)
  • Commands now show the saved vehicle’s name/model.

every so often with the vehicle after you save it and are driving the vehicle vanishes. It doesnt make sense?

While you’re driving it? Interesting… Anyone else experiencing this bug?

Cool thing you could add would be the brake lights coming on when stationary…?

• v0.3 Update
  • Fixed /engine not working properly for some people.
  • You can now simply type in /engine to toggle the engine. (no need to put on/off at the end of the command)
  • Added beep sounds and hazards flash for when you lock your car.

Could not open resource metadata file C:/cygwin\home\zap343365\g22055\gta5-fivem\server-data/resources//vehiclecontrol/__resource.lua.

Thank you for this! its great

so ummm… since you can save your current vehicle, can these commands be used outside of your saved vehicle?

At the moment, when your vehicle is saved, you can do /lock to lock/unlock your vehicle from a distance that can be changed in the .lua file and /sveh to toggle saved vehicle only mode. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ive noticed when your vehicle is saved after a while it just despawns, i was driving 60mph down the highway and it just despawned and i was in the street with no car lol it only happens when your car is saved with the /save feature

Okay, thanks for the feedback! We’ll look into it…