[Release] Simple outlaw alert (11-04-2017)

Okay ahah, but even with outpassing this error, the script doesn’t show alert for my cops ^^

Then try his ,ethod to check for player perms

same error and issue :frowning:

We don’t use ES permissions for players on my server, only admin, that’s why i tell you that. But if you don’t know why just tell us ahah

hello

when there is a gunfight i have the red circle like thief car instead of a blip someone know why ?

i use the modificated script by curt_lee

thanks

Just wanted to say that from what I have tested I have a beta release of this converted for vRP. I however do not have a way to test this currently with more than one user so you may experience issues.

https://bitbucket.org/JinkLeft/vrp-outlawalert

This currently checks for the group “police” and notifies them if there is the conditions set forth by outlaw alert. I did not test the blip functionality or any of that I just wanted to get notifications working with vRP for my first work as I’m also working on LSCustoms.

You’re more than welcome to fork or contribute in any way to the works!
Also if there are any issues please let me know so that I can try to fix them when I have time.

For people who still want to use this script:
The original script still works as-is for fx-server and ES4 with es_rp. I tested out the permission fix and got errors on my server while using essential mode commands(because it was made for es2). If you want a permission/user.group I suggest you write that block of code yourself or ask someone in the dev discussion group to help you.

Is there a way I could modify the script so I could put the player ID over there head instead of a star or a white dot?

JinLeft,

VPR does not use “require” for the Tunnel and Proxy on the server.lua. It should be “module”.

Hey, thanks for pointing that out but at the time of the release of this script the transition for FX had not even been publicly announced yet. I haven’t made a commit to this script since release but if I do go back and work on this script I know that require no longer exists. If you’d like you can put in a pull request to fix the issue and I’ll merge it!

Any chance you plan something to integrate this function in Cops FiveM 1.4 ?

Are you asking with vrp support also? I Currently had started working on a notification script myself that was going to do something similar but I’m currently working on a train script that I need to work out the bugs on. Once that’s done I was planning on going back to my Customs script and then if I have time maybe.

I’ve just been really busy with work and don’t really have people to help test my scripts on my dev server so I have to work around their schedule too.

Oh not with vRP, just the Cops script, it has a function to detect if you are a cop and even if you are a cop in service.
That would be nice to receive that kind of notification when you are in service.

Anyway, a good trains script would be great too !

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

If I wanted to have a notification pop up with 2 notifications as only 1 notification has limited characters, any idea how to do that? Do I do 2 TriggerClientEvent like below in my example? For example:

Original:

TriggerClientEvent("outlawNotify", -1, "~r~between ~w~"..street1.."~r~ and ~w~"..street2)

How I’d like to adapt it:

RegisterServerEvent('meleeInProgress')
AddEventHandler('meleeInProgress', function(street1, street2, sex)
	TriggerClientEvent("outlawNotify", -1, "~r~BOLO: Reports of a Fight initiated by a ~w~"..sex..),
	TriggerClientEvent("outlawNotify", -1, "~r~All Units Respond Code 2 ~r~between ~w~"..street1.."~r~ and ~w~"..street2)
end)

so will you make a version for the VRP? I’m really looking forward to it, and yes your beta release for VRP is not working (error loading script server.lua …bla bla bla … server.lua:2: in main chunk

Can someone convert outlawalert to ESX?

It works great on ESX :wink:

It is not showing the crimes on the map or opening the alert popup.

I’m using it on ESX and its working fine.

do i need to change any code if im using esx?